Metric tool set

I know for some guys Crafstman tools don't make the grade. For the rest of us, they are a good deal for the money. Since I only have Dattos, I don't have much use for a big set of tools with a bunch of SAE stuff. Sears has an all Metric set in their catalog. I ordered one. Thought you other Datto heads may like...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice set of tools...

I find that just before Xmas, sears has good sales where their sets go for $1 a piece or less....

I just haven't been able to keep a set more than a few months before someone likes them more than I like to keep them locked up!

As long as they are guaranteed for life and if you take one back and they replace without bitchin', and you don't have to drive too far to do this, I say, good to go!!

I replaced a friend's V6 head gasket for a set of deep sockets, woot!

I use Canadian Tire and have replaced the 3/8 ratchet at least 4-5 times, not that they aren't any good, it's from tall the abuse I put them through. They usually replace the ratchet drive, but the last time they were all out, so they just handed me a brand new one off the shelf. There's a store near by and one in most big towns across Canada so replacement is easy. I watch the fliers and got my set 1/2 price. A week later it went up to $220.

I find the Snap-On tools fine, great tools even, I just can not get over the friggin' price. They break just as easily as any others but I don't have to wait till Monday to replace anything. They are like driving a Hummer, you're just telling everyone you can afford it.

I actually really like cornwell and mac stuff, I inherited a bunch of tools from my dad when he retired from being a diesel mechanic and bunch of the tools have 20+ plus years on them and they still work fine. He really disliked matco open ended wrenches though and said the craftsmen one where actually better, kinda funny I think :D

I have so many mismatched tool sets (if you can call them sets) it's rediculous...

Most of them have lifetime warranties. My favorite tool is my snap-on swivel head ratchet that's probably older than I am. I break it all the time due to mis-use and abuse :D

teeth? i use my metric visegrips and the BFH :D

i have something from everyone.

if it breaks more than once, ill get a different brand...most of my tools are craftsman for replacement simplicity, its closer than the lowes across the street or the snap-on truck that ocassionally comes to the maint shop at work.

I know for some guys Crafstman tools don't make the grade. For the rest of us, they are a good deal for the money. Since I only have Dattos, I don't have much use for a big set of tools with a bunch of SAE stuff. Sears has an all Metric set in their catalog. I ordered one. Thought you other Datto heads may like...

Get a 521 and your tune will change!! :) I need both and have both.....and doubles and triples of most of them :) My favorite are the GearWrenches!!!!!

if you have no SAE love like me, gather them all up and take em into sears. they will give you the price equivalent of whatever sockets you want/ some you never thought you would need 29mm? lol. I have a double set now and a j-yard set with the sweet laser etching! peace.

ICEHOUSE has the BEST TOOLS

I got him a CRAFTSMAN (Made in USA)SAE and Metric Tool kit 200$

Suit Hits Sears "Made In USA" Claim

December 8, 2004

A class action lawsuit against Sears, Roebuck and Co alleges that Sears conducted false advertising and consumer fraud by advertising that its Craftsman tool line is "Made in the USA."

The suit alleges that promotions in ads, the website, on signs and labels claiming that Craftsman is "Made in the USA" led consumers to purchase the tools out of a sense of patriotism. Consumers were also led to believe that Craftsman is of high quality because it is "Made in the USA."

Pictures attached to the complaint show metal parts from Austria, Denmark, China, India and Mexico on Craftsman tools labeled as "Made in the USA."

"Sears has falsely touted Craftsman tools as 'Made in the USA' when the Federal Trade Commission has issued guidelines stating that such a claim is proper only where all or substantially all of the product is U.S.A. made. Sears Craftsman is misleading consumers by invoking that claim," said Barbara J. Hart, attorney for the tool buyers.

The lawsuit, which seeks class-action status and unspecified damages, was filed last week in New York State Supreme Court in Manhattan.

Tool buyers Kenneth Vigiletti, Sidney Hyatt and Elaine Hyatt are the plaintiffs named in the suit.