'69 521... toys toYS TOYS!!

poltroon

Just ordered some '69 cali plates, black with gold letters. Found out that Cali allows original year plates to be put on from another vehicle in the year range... +1 performance mod!

woa really? im gonna have to find me some blue and yellows then.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...

Forgive me ratsun, for i have cyn'd, its been more then 6months since my last...

damn, that long? oh well, back at it anyway... picked up beenani's kit from pugz (thanks!), so had find a donation ready pickup for the rest. Found a willing longbed, eager to pass on its otherwise unused parts for a worthy retrofit cause:

89pu_doner.jpg

now to clean this crap up for re-use...

They're out of a 89 shitzubishi mirage, red with gray interior. They're nice because all 4 corners are almost flat (for easy installation), sit low so my tall ass can stop rubbin' my helmet on roof, and have lap seatbelt assembly that can be easily adapted to fit.

... and of course ill take some notes while I install the front change.

anyone have an idea for a front apron that covers the rod ends that are so prevalently displayed under the apron (and sadly, oversprayed, etc..) on all these 520/521 trucks? I swear I saw one that was like from a 610/710 on a 521 the other day in some picture....

some more ideas on the theme:

sub at the bottom of the console:

console9.jpg

... and I broke something on my camera, but you should at least get the idea. should be able to add a 3" drop shelf to either side and attach it to the center console, giving enough clearance for a couple 5+" speakers and tweeters:

console8.jpg

yeah... what a shit picture, sorry...