'69 521... toys toYS TOYS!!

poltroon

Man, what a pain in the ass to find a 521 thats only moderately beat to crap. Found one, a 69 that already had a few mods done... but I found one. I dig it though, despite it being a bit small for my 6'2 210lbs build. Anyway, ive got some ideas... ideas many of the rat community have already done to their rides. In all, im certain ill have many more questions then those i've already posed. Anyway, having read many many posts by the time i had my own datsun, i have to say i dig the community... lots of helpful (albeit sarcastic!) rats :)

Ill be digging through the older posts on the 521's but if someone has something they think all 520/521 owners should read... please, suggest away!

wish/change list (subject to changes on a whim..):

l20b fully rebuilt

zx 5speed (do they have a short throw shifter for this? need to look)

looks like a h-233B and d21 3.70 gears narrowed will do the trick... now to find them.

Fender Flares if I go big, prolly need/want these

front disk brake kit

shortened steering column

sway bar(s)

bucket seats

steering wheel

dash cleanup

rear airbag kit, for weight support

tow assembly maybe...

custom center console

redo floorboards (since i havent seen one that didnt need it...)

carpet kit

electric window and door lock kit(s)

dynomat the cab

spray-in bedliner

wider wheels to soak up the new HP (though I like the steely look, Chevy 15.7's?)

paint (prolly last, maybe first, or never, lol) Im thinking white, need to look at datsun color options

thanks!

Edited by poltroon
  • Like 1
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet. Welcome to the greatest datsun site ever. Now how about some interior pics. The first thing I'm generally interested in knowing is if you have the locking fuel door or locking glove box. And the clock, and the original tailgate chains. I see you have the original fuse box cover and your missing the wiper bag. Do you have the jack or tool bag? Super rare red hazard knob? 521"s rule!!!!

• Like 1

Welcome to Ratsun, that's a nice looking engine, what's up with the beer can oil filter? :cool: Are you hiding a fram filter under that beer can, I guess I could understand that. :lol: :lol: Your truck looks nice, what are your plans, do you have the room you were hoping for, as I recall you mentioned you were 6'3" tall. I see it has been lowered already, how is the ride?

018.JPG

• Like 1

... bumby sometimes, but its not too bad. it sorta drives like a go-kart. fun as hell, despite being 1300cc's slow. I have a victory hammer (motorcycle) thats 1641cc's...

Im really not totally sure what all i want to do, so many options.. looking around at member pictures, folks are all over the place with style. I look at this thing, and my mind says it needs a bigger wheels, sway bars, short throw shifter, and te37's... but i drive it and i think it needs a cb, mudflaps, and a general lee sticker.

Im leaning toward a more sporty build though :) Someone suggested 'plan, save, and plan some more'... so, yea, i've got some work to do to really identify my niche in ratsun land.

• Like 2

Man, what a pain in the ass to find a 521 thats only moderately beat to crap. Found one, a 69 that already had a few mods done... but I found one. I dig it though, despite it being a bit small for my 6'2 210lbs build. Anyway, ive got some ideas... ideas many of the rat community have already done to their rides. In all, im certain ill have many more questions then those i've already posed. Anyway, having read many many posts by the time i had my own datsun, i have to say i dig the community... lots of helpful (albeit sarcastic!) rats :)

Ill be digging through the older posts on the 521's but if someone has something they think all 520/521 owners should read... please, suggest away!

thanks!

Nice to see the 521's coming out of the wood work,best looking truck hands down.And small im not tall but i am 5-10 and weigh in at just a little under 300 lbs i need to hang my little arm out the door.Love your truck i like the motor the drop looks good.I get some pictures of my truck up on this site.I dont have a URL.

• Like 1

interior shot:

013.JPG

Taphandle shifter, bottle cap on the floor, and on the door panels more screwcaps~ for screwcaps?

Looks like you picked this up from the not-so-rare Rocky Mountain Rednecked Bulletfish.... :lol:

Still~ in sooo much better shape than my recent score. How much?

• Like 1

This is floorboard rustier that you would like.

RightFloorHole.jpg

Drivers side.

LeftFloorHole.jpg

The piece of carpet on the drivers side is sitting on some blocks. I would have just put a short stool in there, but the legs of the stool would punch through the floorboard. Tha blocks have enough surface area to hold.