Bitten by the 411 bug

danfiveten

Cant decide to put the enkei's from the 510 (so i dont have to use the spacers) on the 411. Or these.

carol.jpg

I may put those carrol shelbys on the 510 just cuz theyre new in the box, and i dont want them to get damaged at all. They have never been mounted on a tire. Probally put the enkei's from my dime on the 411 then and these on the 510. Just look weird with a different wheel on the purple 510 after having the enkeis on her for as long as i can remember lol. But these are a sexy wheel, awsome my dad is selling them to me.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good in your garage Dan! Now you can have fun over the winter working on it. When you are ready for some interior, let me know. I have an ignition with key you can have--or if you have the door lock removed, go to Gresham Fred Meyer and Jeff at the locksmith shop by Jiffy Lube can make new ones for a real reasonable price. I had my truck redone ro like $25 for all doors and ignition.

Todd

Thanks for that ratdat, Ill have to pull one of the door locks, i also pulled the ignition out to since it was just screwed in. Cleaned up the inside alot today. 25 buck price range is a good price to get keys since i have none at the moment. Made a thread of some things that i need maybe you can help out then :). Cant wait to work some more on it, but baby woke up.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/36789-411-parts-wantedwish-list/

• 2 weeks later...

Yah we have. I love my 510, but its nice going to be building something different than alot do. I just hope i can make as nice of cars as greg does. Man he puts so much work into his cars. Every time i come over hes working on his old ford. If he was closer id go bother him more often because hes fun to talk to. Its always nice making new datsun friends :).

As for the 411 wagon, we figured out what were doing with it. I dont want to part her, or destroy her. I want to keep her on the road. She will be parked till julyish. We are moving back to beaverton in august, and with the secound child due in june, i figured out what to do. I have my 2 door 200sx which wont work with my bad back and 2 kids. I dont want to drive the 510 every day. So im going to steal the good bumpers and good dash peices and stuff i need out of the wagon, then switch the dash (which only has one tiny crack) out of the SSS and bumpers that are a bit mroe beat up, take the dents and bends out and paint them black and throw them on the wagon. Put some more comfy seats in, make her dependable, and since we will be only like 10 miles from her work she will drive the wagon and get 30-35 mpg every day. That way i have our 08 sentra for me to drive every day with the 2 lil ones. So pretty much the 510, the SSS 411, and the 510 will sit in the garages. I want to keep her in good shape, and after the SSS 411 is restored, i think ill put a lil love into the wagon and make her look good and original. Then finally start working on my 510. I want to wait on the 510 because i want my son to be old enough to work on it with me. That will be a fun experience, plus the dime is fine as she is now. Shes like shes been the last 18 years in the family, and for some reason i dont want to change her. I love my datsuns.

I appreciate that. I know the one thing ill really need help with when it comes to it is putting the auto back in the SSS. with my back i even had a bitch of a time sliding it around. I had to get a peice of wood under it so i could slide it around lol. One reason im getting the wagon and making it a driver is to satisfy the wife with a 411 while i do the SSS up right. I want the SSS to be a head turner.

• 11 months later...

Well i did have her for sale, was having money issues, long story but wifes moms a addict, rehab, me being only one willing to help and having to front some of the bills....was pissing me off. Luckily things have evened out and it looks like i dont have to sell her, but im not going to have the money to do a sr swap like i wanted :(....at least not for a long time, or even paint it like i wanted. SO... im going a different route.

Going to primer her fully, flat black, and going to paint the stock wheels red, saw it on another older datsun and liked the look, Then going to get the motor going, my bigger brakes on, and fashion up a interior for her and get her on the road again. One day i will be able to do her right, but for now i dont want her just sitting in the garage taking up space, i want it actually moving and something on it so it doesnt rust if she sits outside. Should look pretty decent, like i said not what i wanted to do, but still not a bad look for it from what i can imagine in my head.