Another single cam KA

Cookapoop

Today i dropped the engine in and made half of my exhaust (the exuast is going to be a little ghetto for a while). I will post the few pics I managed to get before my camera died, when my battery gets done charging. Man i love this stuff. On my next day off: Rear crossmember modification, LSD install and possibly some rear disc conversion. stay tuned theres more to come. Including front strut conversion and the ever controversial KA18et. Don't miss out, same rat time same rat channel.

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0009-1.jpg

ezra510011.jpg

ezra510010.jpg

ezra510004.jpg

ezra510007.jpg

Here they are. more to come as the situation develops

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KA18et?? is that supposed to top my CA18DE? you can't handle the power of front wheel drive!

and is the LSD that R160 Subaru unit? if so, I'm not jealous... well, not as much as if it was an R200.

Yes it will top your ca18de, and yes, it is a subie r160, and to be honest i am too lazy to go down to my car (S12) and get the camera where the pics are stored. Its gonna have to wait till tomorrow.

Yes it will top your ca18de, and yes, it is a subie r160, and to be honest i am too lazy to go down to my car (S12) and get the camera where the pics are stored. Its gonna have to wait till tomorrow.

hey I don't want to wait!!!

so are you putting a KA head on your CA18et?

why not put a DOHC CA head on and then turbo that... ? I thought you were planning a project like that anyway.

oh, your muffler called. He said he wants you to pick him up at the Space Needle

Just wait bleach, when he starts that thread I'm sure it will blow up. Talk about a crazy guy :D

• 4 months later...

they are TEIN camber plates and the coilovers are TEIN as well for an s13 just slightly modified (Chopped up and made to work on a 510). The camber plate did require a slight amout of grinding out where the studs come through the body. and we're talking a slight amount. They work great and feel great.

The chopped up part is also quite simple. All you have to do is pull the insert out on the s13 coilover and cut the threaded collar to the desired length, prep the strut and slide them on just like Ground Controls and the like. Iceman would know more precisely as he is the one that did all the chopping. The inner diameter of the collar is a little bit bigger than the outer diameter of the strut so I recommend wrapping the strut with electrical tape or finding a suitable o-ring so the collars don't rattle around.