]2eDeYe

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I have a history with Dana 20's due to being into Jeeps. This one has a 3:15 low range gearset in it and a 32 spline output. 

Glad the music isn't too bad. My acoustic is a lot easier to record, doesn't need any drums or anything. I try to just keep the music over the time lapse stuff.
I too prefer engine noises. I almost never listen to music when driving unless it is long distance. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

My crawler has never had any kind of stereo, ever. When I'm on the trail, I like to be present.

My '77 Cherokee, on the other hand, has become a daily driver, and I desperately need musinc in there.

if you don't have the wiring or don't want to buy a new head unit or speakers kove audio makes good speakers. i use their commuter and commuter 2 in all my vehicles that don't have a stereo system

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Soundline said:

Do you ever wheel on the good side of the state?

I can’t wait to see what you do with that white S10. 

It has been over to the other side a couple times. Hoping to make more trips further away. 

IMG_3954sml.thumb.jpg.b05be03806f7b06a64106f38883202f7.jpg

11 hours ago, hobospyder said:

Shit if he does anything with the s10 it'll surprise all of us

And he does wheel on the good side of the state

Especially considering it's not mine, it's yours lol... 

I do like the wheeling over here. 😄

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Careful with the hot lead from the alternator. I use 4ga battery cable on my alternators now. Yes, it's huge, but required for the amps. I also install circuit breakers (not fusible links). Like this one here. They do come in many different configurations though, with or without the trip switch, different size terminals, etc. Most common brand is Blue Sea.

image.png.cc8b92874926e3cbf9a263ae16d7a755.png

• Like 1

Nice job! Great video and fab work. I have the same kae swap in my 720. One caveat which will not affect you unless you try to run a large invertor or winch with your set up. I deal with marine diesels with large alternators and a single v belt pulley is only good up to 120 amps. I see you took the serpentine pully off. You will be fine with what you are doing. Other folks following this if you plan to do this don't expect 240 amps. Nothing wrong with running a high rated alt if sticking below 120. It doesn't know the difference.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

Nice job! Great video and fab work. I have the same kae swap in my 720. One caveat which will not affect you unless you try to run a large invertor or winch with your set up. I deal with marine diesels with large alternators and a single v belt pulley is only good up to 120 amps. I see you took the serpentine pully off. You will be fine with what you are doing. Other folks following this if you plan to do this don't expect 240 amps. Nothing wrong with running a high rated alt if sticking below 120. It doesn't know the difference.

Winch is definitely used on this truck. 

I do plan to get some dual cam serpentine pulleys for this, it'll do until then. Need to get some work done on Red first. 🙂

• Like 1
13 hours ago, bottomwatcher said:

large alternators and a single v belt pulley is only good up to 120 amps. I see you took the serpentine pully off. You will be fine with what you are doing. Other folks following this if you plan to do this don't expect 240 amps. Nothing wrong with running a high rated alt if sticking below 120. It doesn't know the difference.

Interesting. Makes  sense.