1978 620 King Cab 4X4

]2eDeYe

love your style dude ,do me a favor and leave the keys to all your rigs in the ignition and i will just swing by and pick em up one at a time , cause i like all of them . and its my favorite color ...

funny story... While at a family drink n eat one of my buddies turned to me and said , "dude your truck is black, your jeep is black, your cars are always black, hell everything except your ol lady is black ! "   What can i say i love black ! 

Every car I have had a choice in color, purchase wise or painted, has gone to black, satin, flat or gloss it's my favorite color. The only reason the truck is staying green is because it came that color and it fit's the truck, same with the red one. 

You are doing a nice job.  You sure you want to get all that work dirty?

Thanks man

Of course I do, then I can wash it to get it dirty again. :lol:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got the t-case and adapter buttoned up, need to throw some paint on the t-case and fab up a cable shifter bracket. 

IMG_2582.jpg

...and back on 4 tires. Now I can pound on the floor to clear the t-case without the truck on jack stands. 

IMG_2583.jpg

Need to order a 1310 u-joint to Toyota drive shaft flange and hit the junkyard for a double cardan joint for the front shaft. I am hoping it will give me just enough added length to avoid having the shaft lengthened with the added benefit of lessening my shaft angles. 

• Like 2

Looking pretty good man. 

Thanks man. :)

It's like looking at a great ass.....but you can see the thong too.... :thumbup:

:rofl:

Redeye great job.  Curious is the gas tank as low as it looks in this picture?

Thanks. It does look low from the back, especially without the tail lights but it doesn't really sit very far below the frame if at all. I may move it up sometime in the future. I may also add another one to the other side as I have one in the shed taking up storage space, will have to see how I feel then.  :)

• Like 1

Started on my cable shifter, Not sure how the lever side is gonna look just yet, still thinkin on that. 

Some more garage style NC fab. 

IMG_2602.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

IMG_2608.jpg

IMG_2609.jpg

IMG_2610.jpg

Need to chop up the front shifter rail for the clevis. Ordered the cable and clevis for that side hopefully will be here before Wed. so I can finish it up over Thanksgiving weekend. 

• Like 2

Iolo I prolly look like that guy to my neighbors. :rofl:

Welded up the t-case cable mount.

IMG_2611.jpg

Cut the rail on the t-case to work with the cable clevis.

IMG_2612.jpg

Started paint, need to coat the underside still

IMG_2613.jpg

Changed the shifter design up a bit to save a little calculation time. Got all the plates but the shifters cut, hopefully will get some time to work on it tomorrow.

IMG_2615.jpg

IMG_2618.jpg 

• Like 2

Damm youve done alot of fab work to this beast...congrats she looks awesome !

Thanks man!

RULER.!!!

Straight edge or scale? :lol: 

Are you ever going to get to drive it again?  LOL  Looking better than factory.

Hopefully, I will just need drive shafts and shocks after this 4-day weekend.  :thumbup: 

With all the "Hippy" flack you get periodically, I don't you're Straight Edge so on a Scale of 1-10 this build is definitely an 11.

It is partially deserved flack :rofl: 

dreamstime_volume_11_social_media_roi-25

The powers that be need to change your title from Bastard to Fabricating Bastard! :rofl:

He is one of the powers that be, he can change it himself :lol:

I try not to take advantage :lol: 

My yokes came in yesterday and I got them painted, second shifter cable is due in today. I will be dropping my drive shafts off at Oly4x4 after work so I can get them converted to match the new yokes and cut to the correct length. 

Need to make a couple tabs to hold the LSPV to the frame and install the trans and t-case. Pretty much all that's left after that is measuring for the shafts and picking up 4 new shocks. 

i forget off the top of my head. 

theres the line in and out for the back that get unioned together. 

the 3rd line goes back to the front brakes. that gets removed, and the T fitting on the passenger side front brake line gets a plug put in it. 

might be wrong, but thats how i remember it. 

• Like 1

i forget off the top of my head. 

theres the line in and out for the back that get unioned together. 

the 3rd line goes back to the front brakes. that gets removed, and the T fitting on the passenger side front brake line gets a plug put in it. 

might be wrong, but thats how i remember it. 

Worked just like you said. I couldn't source a cap, so I deleted the T with another coupling

WOW!!!!  Go hunting for a couple days and  all hell breaks loose. Love the cable shift idea.

Thanks well see how it works out inside the cab. :lol:

Got a bunch done so far this weekend and still have tomorrow to work a bit. Got my measurements into Oly 4x4, they are gonna get back to me with my options regarding a front double cardan shaft. 

More recycling

IMG_2643.jpg

Couplings

IMG_2686.jpg

IMG_2685.jpg

IMG_2687.jpg

Still need to secure all the lines behind the drive train

Trans and crossmember back in.

IMG_2644.jpg

Installed the final cable clevises.

IMG_2628.jpg

Installed the 1310 Yota flange

IMG_2678.jpg

Got the tcase in after some clearancing of the floor. 

IMG_2679.jpg

IMG_2684.jpg

Cables run through the shifter hole, doubt it will be this easy....

IMG_2689.jpg.

Got the starter installed. Need to pick up a new slave cylinder and install that bitchin braided line. :cool: 

• Like 3