1978 620 King Cab 4X4

]2eDeYe

Todays progress. 

A couple shots of the tcase adapter

IMG_2520.jpg

IMG_2521.jpg

IMG_2522.jpg

The adapter mainshaft, looks to be welded together from two pieces. 

IMG_2525.jpg

Goin in!

IMG_2526.jpg

Parts cleaned up

IMG_2528.jpg

...and some grinding needed to fit the lower gearset. 

IMG_2530.jpg

Getting gas and some more paint tomorrow 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cold?!  You're a full 7 degrees warmer over there right now!! :)  After all my winterizing in the red truck, my stupid radiator started leaking at the top cap today.  Rolled it into the freight bay after work and changed it out.  One day I'll have a heated shop, one day.  That made for a lot nicer night since otherwise I would have been doing it on the back slab about now.  Supposed to hit 11 degrees tonight.  Brrr.  Have my oil pan heater on, those things definitely help for start up.

• Like 1

I have no idea what the temperature was other than fucking cold. I had to have the garage open to keep from fumigating the house, the joys of an attached garage.
I had a heater though, to warm up the paint. :lol:

I need to gusset that new connection on the cradle and then it just needs paint. Starting to feel like I am getting close to final assembly.  B)

Cold?!  You're a full 7 degrees warmer over there right now!! :)  After all my winterizing in the red truck, my stupid radiator started leaking at the top cap today.  Rolled it into the freight bay after work and changed it out.  One day I'll have a heated shop, one day.  That made for a lot nicer night since otherwise I would have been doing it on the back slab about now.  Supposed to hit 11 degrees tonight.  Brrr.  Have my oil pan heater on, those things definitely help for start up.

You wimp! Our high yesterday was 10, and the low last night was -10. Setting all kinds of new records for low temps for this time of year this year. We took our niece from Honolulu site seeing in that weather yesterday, she looked like a pop sickle!

• Like 1

Got the cradle finished up and started to paint it. Bottom coat started to freeze so tomorrow I will finish it up. Got my t-case mostly together and have to grind a spot that's not mentioned in the instructions...

Not too many pics. 

IMG_2545.jpg

IMG_2544.jpg

IMG_2547.jpg

IMG_2552.jpg

Should be able to get the t-case done and the rear axle together and installed tomorrow. 

• Like 1

I sure hope so :D

Finish grinding on the tcase,Just have to button it up and spray bomb it. 

IMG_2555.jpg

Got the rear end together and into place under the springs. Still need to bolt it up. 

Armored diff and shaved housing. 

IMG_2553.jpg

Slung under the truck. 

IMG_2554.jpg

Got the cradle painted the rest of the way. 

IMG_2557.jpg

• Like 2

Incredible!

HEY, I own that same sheet metal brake.!!!   :)

as always great job mang.!!

It works good for small stuff, lol. 

Thanks

Took the day off working on the truck yesterday, the rear tires on my beater were down to the cords and needed replacing. I finally made the last payment on it last month and decided it was time to put some wheels on it that had a better, less expensive tire selection. Ordered them last week and they got installed yesterday. Now I'm gonna have to lower it a bit.  :devil:

IMG_2560.jpg

IMG_2559-1.jpg

• Like 1

lol... 

i kinda wish my GMC wasnt a 2500.. the 6.0l sucks gas like a whore sucks ass... 

I can get 25 in the G if I can keep my foot out of it...so I don't get that too often. :lol: 

GMC

gonna miss church

Nice "beater" Steve.                                Dick!

Haha, Jeff gave me my member title right after I bought it. :lol:

lol... 

i kinda wish my GMC wasnt a 2500.. the 6.0l sucks gas like a whore sucks ass... 

tell me about it i had the same thing and i was never impressive on fuel ! but it never broke on me . so .....

I beat it everyday from Marysville to Bothell and back. :D

love your style dude ,do me a favor and leave the keys to all your rigs in the ignition and i will just swing by and pick em up one at a time , cause i like all of them . and its my favorite color ...

funny story... While at a family drink n eat one of my buddies turned to me and said , "dude your truck is black, your jeep is black, your cars are always black, hell everything except your ol lady is black ! "   What can i say i love black ! 

• Like 2