]2eDeYe

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Glad to have found the link to this thread. I'm diggin this build. Sounds like your on the road to building my truck for me. Maybe I should just buy your red one and put some good diffs and a T-case under it. biggrin.gif

Ya sorry, keeping this one.

The red one is a go cart and just as much fun on the road as this one is off. :D

So the bench seat in this thing is no good. I've been spoiled by the red truck and my Infiniti. laugh.gif

Picked up some heated leather buckets, went with tan to match the door panels. Plus the girl likes the tan and green theme biggrin.gif

Pictures011.jpg

Gonna pick up some 620 bucket seat brackets, hopefully tomorrow, to mount them up. The snow is coming and I want this thing ready for daily snow duty. cool.gif

2eDeYe' date='09 November 2011 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1320886656' post='575562']

This getting home when it's dark out is lame... PM'd ya about the tracks :lol:

Tell me about it. Least you have a garage lol. Rustina and I replaced a rear main at night outside with a drop light in my driveway. Started at six and he was driving home at ten thirty. Which we killed once by dropping a tool on it lol

2eDeYe' date='10 November 2011 - 10:47 AM' timestamp='1320940029' post='575878']

Ahh the good old days... :lol:

Garage is more important or at least equal to having a house :D

Garage space > or = House space.

Any progress lately?

I worked on pulling the 521 body today and built power brake stuff today.

Just gathering parts right now. I have to hit Jeff up for some of the parts that came with the truck. Toyota steering box and mount plates, Dana 44 front axle, and some interior and body parts.

Cable shifter stuff came in. I got the components from Mcmaster Carr. I tried to get some from a company that builds cable shifters for Jeeps, but for some reason when I say it's for a Datsun they get all deer in headlights...

Mcmaster Carr is cheaper anyways.

Picture057.jpg

I'll have to fab up a couple mounting brackets for the shifter and the cable mount at the t-case.

I plan to drive it pretty much as is through the winter, spring time will probably be when I get to the suspension and steering.

• 1 month later...

Seats are out of an Olds Bravada, at least that's what I was told. They are pretty comfy, way better than the bench seat (sorry Jeff). They match the tan interior panels really well also. Also installed a new stereo, but the speakers I got are a little to small, need 4 1/2"s not 4"s.

Those seats look great! 51/4 speakers will fit in the factory openings, I got some shallow mounts with seperate tweeters off ebay that sound great. then I mounted 61/2s in the rear with a 8" sub and it sounds like a concert hall. :P

5 1/4"s don't fit either, at least not the ones we test fit yesterday. I ended up getting som 6"s with spacers, should sound better anyways... Sub will be later :D

I've been daily driving this for a couple weeks now and it is a great driver. The new seats are hella comfy.

Going to try and go play in the snow up Mt Pilchuck this weekend. I'll get pics :cool:

I make spacer rings so the magnet of a 6.5" driver will fit in the factory hole in the steel of the kick panel area. They spacer ring acts like a bit of an enclosure for the speaker and give the driver some suspension. Net result is they sound a lot better on the lower end.

2eDeYe' date='15 December 2011 - 08:44 AM' timestamp='1323967456' post='593427']

Going to try and go play in the snow up Mt Pilchuck this weekend. I'll get pics :cool:

You better! I'm jones"n for a wheelin trip in the snow. No 4x sucks butt.

2eDeYe' date='15 December 2011 - 09:44 AM' timestamp='1323967456' post='593427']

5 1/4"s don't fit either, at least not the ones we test fit yesterday. I ended up getting som 6"s with spacers, should sound better anyways... Sub will be later :D

I've been daily driving this for a couple weeks now and it is a great driver. The new seats are hella comfy.

These are the ones I put in the 1200, they will fit with no modification, then put the 6 inchers in the rear panels. :P

My link