'73 1200 Coupe Project, aka Timmy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So have I.   :rofl:

But it's the only pump that seems to work well on the A-series without a pressure regulator. These engines run best at 2-2.5psi. This pump runs right at 2.5psi. 

If it wasn't for me not wanting to have a regulator/gauge in the engine bay, I'd probably have run a different pump. 

These do tend to last a bit longer when rubber mounted (as I did), so here's hoping it lasts a few years at least.  :thumbup:

Depends more on the carb, webers want 4 to 4.5 psi.

Tim joked that I just put it there so from the front no one will think it's a sedan...     :rofl:

What do you mean "joked"?  All kidding aside, it is growing on me.  Give me another week and I'll be claiming it was my idea.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone asked if the rear had any poke (guessing it looks like that in the photo?), but no...

As it was (6 degrees negative camber with a 1/4" spacer)...

20150317_152006.jpg

Adjust to 3.5 degrees negative and removed the spacer...

20150317_152845.jpg

Fit is not as aggressive as I'd like, but it matches the front better now (older pic, but you can see where the front is at here)...

20141206_131009.jpg

That is about how it will look when it's done, maybe 1/2" lower all around. 

• Like 4

To quote Mallory Archer, "Are you people just saying random words?"

Oh, duh.  I just fingered out what y'all are talking about.  Never mind me.  I'll show myself out.

• Like 1

Been kinda wanting a white-rimmed steering wheel for awhile, because I think it would look cool. They can be a bit spendy new (assuming you don't want cheap ebay crap), so I had an idea...

I had an old beat up Nardi that's been in my garage for about 10 years collecting dust...

20150320_185733.jpg

Then I found a company that makes custom leather covers in any size and color you want, so I had one made to match my paint...

20150320_185740.jpg

Stretched on...

20150320_185824.jpg

And stitched up...

20150320_194449.jpg

It's a little fatter than I expected it to be, but we'll see if it grows on me...

Thoughts?

• Like 2

Looks like it will get dirty... Why I like black wheels. Oily and sweaty hands will be your enemy... other than that, I like it.

Like I'm not going to wash my hands, and shoes, before driving it...   ^_^

And I've also considered buying an extra quick release hub so I can swap between wheels whenever I want to. This would keep the chances of dinginess to a minimum. 

Wheelskins claims it has some kind of special coating on it to keep it from getting dirty, but we shall see...   B)

• Like 3

Wait, I finally did something you like?  ^_^

Yea, for a change, lol. I'm a big wheel skins fan, I have one on my 620, and have had them in the past. If you ask them they will send extra thread to do a baseball stich, which looks more professional, but take twice as long to do. :thumbup: