'73 1200 Coupe Project, aka Timmy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, dukerollo said:

I’m sure you mentioned it, but I don’t want to dig though the annals of this thread to find it... 

What kind of fender flares are you running. I hope you say cheap eBay ones because, well, I’m cheap. 

I have a set of them that I decided not to use that I will sell. ?

• Like 1
On 1/10/2019 at 5:27 PM, dukerollo said:

What kind of fender flares are you running. I hope you say cheap eBay ones because, well, I’m cheap. 

The original ones were made by a shop in Japan called Refresh60 (fairly expensive) but mine are replicas of those made by Classic Datsun in SoCal (they were less than $250 shipped as I recall). 

These look the same as mine, but a bit more spendy...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-wide-over-KB110-B110-fender-flares-arch-fits-Nissan-Datsun-Sunny-1200-flare/161982301430?hash=item25b6e5c4f6:g:WCsAAOSwFnFV9BE5:rk:4:pf:0

These look like a good fit, and for a slightly better price too...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-Pon-retro-Fender-Flares-wheel-arch-Metal-For-B110-Datsun-1200-2-d-sedan/183592016727?epid=18019706777&hash=item2abeefdb57:g:hIcAAOSwfshbA4NB:rk:1:pf:0

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 5
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow DF, I would have never guessed that you would sell your coupe! You've put so much time and effort (time X effort = money) into that beast.

Definitely one of my favorite coupes of all time. GLWS!!

31 minutes ago, fivetenguy said:

Wow DF, I would have never guessed that you would sell your coupe! 

I honestly had no intentions of selling it ever, but some situations forced my hand. Just have some debts I need to clear sooner rather than later. A good chunk of the funds will help get the next project farther down the road, so it's all good... 

And if I'm being honest, I've always liked building hot rods a lot more than owning them...  😄

The next one is a driver, so it's time to get back to that. I prefer projects you can drive while fixing them up rather than spend years working on something you never get to drive. I did tons and tons of mods to the 1200 without ever knowing if any of them would work well together until it was done. I think I got supremely lucky that the car drives as nice as it does. The next car will be a more old school approach (for me), mod, drive, mod, drive, mod, drive, then culminating in an insane engine swap...

Edited by datsunfreak
  • Like 5
16 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

The next one is a driver, so it's time to get back to that. I prefer projects you can drive while fixing them up rather than spend years working on something you never get to drive. I did tons and tons of mods to the 1200 without ever knowing if any of them would work well together until it was done. I think I got supremely lucky that the car drives as nice as it does. The next car will be a more old school approach (for me), mod, drive, mod, drive, mod, drive, then culminating in an insane engine swap...

I'm on the exact same page as you are.  👍

• Like 1

Just a tiny bit miffed I didn't get to see this car in person. But you're still welcome to stop by the White Trash Garage any time you are passing through.

This next one should be good to watch.

On 3/23/2019 at 6:20 AM, KELMO said:

Just a tiny bit miffed I didn't get to see this car in person.

Me too, honestly. I really wish I could have brought it to the Williams event...

On 3/23/2019 at 6:20 AM, KELMO said:

But you're still welcome to stop by the White Trash Garage any time you are passing through.

Thank you sir.  😁

Edited by datsunfreak