'73 1200 Coupe Project, aka Timmy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you want to know? :P

I think I did a bit of a build thread on it somewhere, will see if I can dig it up. We are in the process of putting a 1200 dash in it, as well as a full race A15. :cool:

How it looked last summer:

normal_little_wiggly_012_final.jpg

could also use some JDM fender markers. the fender mirrors dont look right with the US turn lights, IMO

and as long as were on the subject of b210s, there is a 2 door sedan i havent seen much of lately...

could also use some JDM fender markers. the fender mirrors dont look right with the US turn lights, IMO

Aggreed, but he's cool with it, so... :P

and as long as were on the subject of b210s, there is a 2 door sedan i havent seen much of lately...

Yeah, the autotragic kinda blew up in it... <_<

Some time this winter I'll be putting a 5spd in it. It will live again soon. :cool:

Oh, and I went ahead and bit the bullet and bought a set of these today, should be here Tuesday. Test fit to follow...

t_20111101.drad20.gml.ang.jpg

Awesome. Next year I am going to be doing Work Equip 03's in 15 x 7 et0 in flat black. Should look nice with my soon to be red powder coated wilwood calipers all around (the fronts will be here in a couple of weeks).

Next year I am going to be doing Work Equip 03's in 15 x 7 et0 in flat black.

Black all over or just the center?

Ordered some 195/45-15s for the new wheels today. So hopefully within a few weeks it will actually be sitting on the ground with the new wheels on, and crazy negative camber all around. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Bolted them on today. Not sure if I like it or not. Still leaning towards 14" wheels... <_<

Worst-case-scenario I can put these on my B210 and find some 14" wheels I like for this. I like the gold center/polished lip look, so whatever 14" wheel I choose will carry over that theme...

Who knows, this may grow on me too...

Front

crap_020.JPG

Rear

crap_0121.JPG

Overall

crap_0081.JPG

Problem is, I keep drooling on this... :P

That's a 14x7 with a 165/55-14. And it's sexy. :cool:

I don't know.... I'm liking the last "overall" pic of your's. Would like to see it on the ground. Looks nice!!

Dale

I had last week ordered up a pair of shocks intended for the front of a '60-66 Chevy truck, and they came in yesterday. Fairly stiff and just about the perfect length. Advertised stroke is 5" (more on that later). Those new mounting pins came in handy too.

crap_006s.jpg

Had a bit of a head scratcher trying to figure out the lower shock mounts. Looked at lots of options and settled on what you (sort of) see here. I had a pair of 280ZX lower control arms that happened to be the right inside width to bolt the shock up to. Cut them down to the desired length, notched one end and welded it up to the bottom of the 510 LCAs, drilled the other end for the shock bolt to go through. The lower shock mount is in the same plane as the stock 510 mount, just a bit further out from the LCA (stock mounts made the shocks the wrong angle to "work").

Upper shock mount is a simple clevis with a bolt welded through the top to go through the stock shock mounting hole. Will get a pic later when I take it all apart to clean/paint it.

This is with it all bolted it all up to make sure the shock works at this angle. Don't worry, the pic makes the angle look a lot steeper than it really is. At static ride height, they are sitting at a perfect angle, same angle as the stock 1200 shocks. Now that I know it all works, I'll add some bracing to the lower shock mount to make it nice and stiff before re-installing it.

crap_009s1.jpg

As you can see there, we had to cut the dust covers off the shocks for clearance. The 1200 shocks are a MUCH smaller diameter than these shocks are. We'll also remove the last little bit of the dust cover before final install. As mentioned before, the shock's stroke is actually 4.8" total. With this shock mounting location, from static we have 2.7" of compression, and 2.1" of droop at the shock. At the wheel, this translates to about 3.5" up and 3" down. I think that will suit it just fine. With the stiff springs I have for it, we're expecting about 2-3" of up travel and 2" of down travel total, so we should be good to go.

Yes, it's going to be very stiff. That, and the welded diff, should make things very "exciting". :cool: