Ka24e with Automatic

H5WAGON

Ok so I searched and found nothing on this.

So is any one running a 240sx Auto trans in there Datsun, car or truck?:( Yes it has to be an automatic, my wife's car.

I have figured out I need to get the ecu for the trans (pretty sure) I'm in the process of getting a FSM for the 240 and finding a Auto trans/ecu module.

• Like 1
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than the ignition interlock and reverse lights switch The only other thing electrical on the L4N71B behind a KA24E in a 240sx is the speed sensor I think. The speed sensor takes the place of the mechanical speedometer cable drive. My guess is that it sends electrical pulses to the EFI's ECU which interprets this and generates a speedometer reading for the dash and may have some effect on emissions. The 5 speed standards use the speed sensor output to enable a rev limiter.

There are standard transmission and automatic transmission ECUs and they are different. If you know the year of the 240sx motor and if California or not I can give you the ECU part number.

• Like 1

I have the #11 Automatic.....ECU for the motor.

But was looking on Scibd.com....240sx FSM and their is a smaller ecu just for the Trans.

Solenoid for valve body

Speed sensor

Rotation sensor

Inhibitor switch

O/D switch

IMAG0208.jpg

The Plugs, Top to Bottom...

1st: 2-wires Speed Sensor

2nd and 3rd set go to the inhibitor switch....One plug with 2 thick wires(OD?) and another 7wire plug

4th: 7-wires goes to the solenoids in the valve body

5t: Rotation sensor

IMAG0211.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

The # on the transmission tag is: (Also I have 3 transmission, thats why some pics have plugs for all the wires.)

IMAG0215.jpg

• Like 1

Want the kickdown switch from my wagon? I imagine it could work...

I just might.....I'm going to the Columbia yard Sunday...the are dropping a 240sx/auto in the yard tomorrow. Need to look over all the little shit.

Thanks yello620! It will all start to get clearer once I have everything in front of me..:mellow:

• Like 1

The M30 Kickdown switch was mounted on the gas pedal, looked super simple too.

And that wiring, the two wire connector with the extra large wires should be for the starter interupt(neutral safety switch).

Been looking at wiring diagrams...:wacko: Need to print some out! I got the 240sx pedal w/switch.:D

Also got all the plugs that the trans wiring plugs into.

• Like 1

Ok found the A/T computer.

IMAG0260.jpg

I had heard that the transmissions were becoming more complex because of emission controls. No longer do you give it the gas and go. Before there is any up or down shifting the emissions control system is asked permission first. It sets the motor and gear combination or shift points to reduce pollution. Just.... wow.

• Like 1

I posted this in my build thread also....

IMAG0384.jpg

This is the trans mount that was made for the Ford Automatic that was in this car before.....I will cut out part of the 240 mount to bolt up to tans mount then bolt or weld to this one....make some bigger holes to get to the bolts.

Better pics of the crossmember and the tight fit later....:blink:

Looking over the 240 main wiring....here is a short list of what I need to hook up to the Auto ECU

IMAG0406.jpg116....should be 115..:huh:

The Automatic ECU wiring

240sx Auto.trans pdf ........ Page 122......for the 240sx

• Like 1

I will only be adding the wiring info in this thread. Once I have it all figured out. Its looking easy...just spending more time on the motor right now.

IMAG0439-1.jpg

This is the wiring for the 240sx Auto trans computer.....Going thru it I have identified all the wires....No mystery wires...:cool:

IMAG0428.jpg

This is the 10-pin connector off the main harness.....make sure you get this out of the 240....there is also a dropping resistor for the trans.

5 of the wires go to the Auto ECU

Dropping Resistor for trans.

IMAG0429.jpg

Why does it need a resistor??

I know it`s hard to work and remember to take pictures...so i say to you.... :thumbup:

• Like 1

Transmission harnesses to A/T computer......

IMAG0500.jpg

3 wire-Revolution Sensor, 7 wire-Inhibitor, 7 wire-Solenoids(Valve body A/T) + the Dropping resistor.:D

IMAG0504.jpg

So 5 more wires go to the main computer.....others are for Kick down switch, over drive switch, speedo sensor, power, ground and TVS switch

A few others.. tap in from the main harness......more on that later.

And yes this is all just test fitting.....I get to go thru and solder and heat shrink everything.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

IMAG0836.jpg

Well after looking over everything, there are 8 wires that hook to the main harness, using the 10 pin connector. After hooking up the 3 main plugs from the transmission.

Also 2 different power wires(one for Inhibitor switch and one for computer) ground, O/d switch & kick down switch lead...Ground=ON.....2 for the cruise control(will tackle that after car is running)

Main ECU / AT ECU

115 / 27

3 / 25

8 / 15

28 / 11

32 / 24

37 / 10

33 / 4

TVS....../ 17

All 8 of these wires are on the 10 pin white connector on the main harness. Wire 115-Blue was put into a unused spot, but lined up on the At comp harness.

IMAG0839.jpgAction shot!

AT computer hooked to Main harness.

IMAG0850.jpg

IMAG0853.jpg

IMAG0855.jpg

• Like 2