78 K/C with a KA24DE

Eric Garside

Working on the wiring harness and wondering what to do about the black with white wire. Should I use the end that connects to the F8 plug, this is right where it splices together with the mass wire and the crank wire. I don't know how else to explain this so I apologize if it doesn't make sense.

• Like 1
  • Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, I am working on installing BeeBani's coilover mounts (which can be found here http://community.ratsun.net/topic/11817-620-coilover-mounts/) and I am not really sure what I should do with the torsion bars?? When I pull them out of the lower control arm do I just fill the hole with a bolt?

Pics cause I know how much we Ratsuners like those cool.gif

IMG_20120218_131654.jpg

IMG_20120218_131704.jpg

IMG_20120218_131712.jpg

IMG_20120218_131755.jpg

Thanks!!

2eDeYe' date='18 February 2012 - 03:56 PM' timestamp='1329609374' post='637981']

Yep, you figured it out. Do you just cut off the top of the towers and weld that on?

If you have a kingpin truck, yes. But if you have a ball joint truck its a different story sad.gif.

The brackets were mocked up using a kingpin truck and I guess on those ones the shock tower comes to more of a point where mine is short and stubby.

This is the bottom mount.

IMG_20120218_151703.jpg

As you can see it doesnt quite reach. It is sitting on top of the hacked off shock mount.

IMG_20120218_151711.jpg

So this is how I fixed the bottom.

IMG_20120218_153808.jpg

IMG_20120218_153823.jpg

IMG_20120218_153831.jpg

What do you guys think of my welds? I have not welded very many times before but I thought they turned out pretty nice.

I havent welded the bottom mount on yet because I am waiting on UPS to deliver my coilovers. But this is it sitting in position.

IMG_20120218_153730.jpg

And this is the current progress with the upper mounts.

IMG_20120218_173714.jpg

IMG_20120218_173723.jpg

IMG_20120218_173736.jpg

IMG_20120218_173742.jpg

No worries Bee. I was pretty new to Datsuns when I ordered them so I didnt think to ask. They are very nicely built and with a little massaging they will work just fine cool.gif. I had to call it a night but I will be back at it first thing tomorrow.

I keep feeling overwhelmed with this project as there is still SO much to do but I feel like it helps to just concentrate on one thing at a time. As long as I get it on the road in time for Canby I will be happy biggrin.gif. Thanks for all the support!!

Been working like crazy so I havent had a chance to make any progress. I ordered up some tie rod flip inserts that can be found here http://www.goferitoffroad.com/products.htm I couldnt find any measurements to compare the jeep tie rod ends to the datsun ones. They came in yesterday and they are the right diameter with the correct taper. if these work I think it will make a nice inexpensive alternative to having the holes welded and the taper reamed from the other side. I am ordering all new steering components from Rockauto so I will update with pictures after they come in.

Can anyone tell me if all of these parts will work on my 78 620? The site says they will but all the info seems to be generic. Any help would be appreciated cool.gif

Rockauto.jpg

Link = http://www.rockauto....ramecatalog.php

^ open link and select shopping cart tab

2eDeYe' date='24 February 2012 - 07:11 AM' timestamp='1330096278' post='641857']

Looks good to me.

Just an FYI, the inner/outer tie-rod assys are the same for either side. You could just order 2 lefts or 2 rights depending on your budget.

Sweet! I thought they looked the same and didnt know why there was two different parts being called out.

And I am a Datsun owner so my budget is pretty tight:P .

Still havent received my coilovers, hopefully they will come today so I can get the mounts permanently fixed this weekend.

I need some input on the torsion bar crossmember. The main reasons behind putting on coilovers were;

1) Better ride/handling with the lowered vehicle

2) More room to run the 2.5" exhaust

Should I cut the whole crossmember out and if I do will it adverse affects on the strength of the frame? Or I could weld in a piece of 4" pipe to run the exhaust through?

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have run into another problem.... My coil overs dont fit inside the mounts.... Would it be alright to trim the rubber back and grind down the sleeve that goes through it?

2012-03-08_18-50-26_432.jpg

2012-03-08_18-50-34_573.jpg

2012-03-08_18-50-46_550.jpg

Please help!