let me introduce myself.....

chilibiskits4

Hey fellas!

my name is Kris, i just purchased yoke_a_b210's 78 b210... absolutely in love with it. i will post up pics in the coming days once i get her cleaned up a little bit. just gonna give her a good polish and wax, clean up the engine bay a bit, interior, and then i will get her glamour shots....

quick question though (might seem a bit ridiculous but i have to know....)

when i purchased the beast, there was a crimp(via vice grip) on the hose leading from the engine to the brake booster, like it was purposely plugged. and in the car, i have to pump the brakes about 2.5 times to get the correct pressure to stop. is there any correlation to this? (im sure there is) any help will be much appreciated. im not as skilled with the ins and outs of the braking system but i think stopping properly is key :P

thanks in advance guys!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oics.jpg

Welcome to Ratsun.

Pics of your brake concern will yield answers.

(See the theme? We're picture whores.)

ok ok ... i will once i get home... but to lay it out to you all with an imagination ;)... brake booster hose.......vice grip........hose into engine.....

im pretty sure its there to bypass the booster and just working the brakes through pumping action pressure... so, through my deduction, i think i needz new brake booster. now, will any brake booster from the same era datsun suffice?

What's up, new here also. I have the same situation on my '78 B210. My booster started sucking internal and I disconnected it a couple weeks ago. a1 cardone has a replacement booster thats available through most parts stores. Out here in Ohio it runs about $95. I'll look it up and post a part #.

Good lookin B :P

Chillibiskit...i have two links for you one.........................................http://community.rat...need-help-read/

Pumpkin210 lives in Puyallup and will go anywhere for cash..and the number 210 is not only his name it`s his lifes mission.

And after you get brakes working better,.......................................http://community.rat...rainier-cruise/

You don`t need to know anybody as long as you gotta Datsun your one of us.

.Come on out ..you will have fun.and i would love to see this car in person.thumbup1.gif

One day something will happen so fast that in a panic you will stomp the peddle down hard enough to lift your ass off the seat because there's no time for two pumps and will hang on white knuckled as you don't stop near fast enough.....

We want you around for a long time.... adjust the brakes, replace what needs replacing and drive like a Bawse.

One day something will happen so fast that in a panic you will stomp the peddle down hard enough to lift your ass off the seat because there's no time for two pumps and will hang on white knuckled as you don't stop near fast enough.....

We want you around for a long time.... adjust the brakes, replace what needs replacing and drive like a Bawse.

not to thread jack but since the OP is having the problem too i guess ill ask it here, is there a way to test the booster without replacing it?

I'm not a fan of that style 210...

but yours has a good look about it.

I like this.

:thumbup:

thanks man... i might be in the market soon for some 14's with a little meatier tires for my coomute though.... i drive from auburn to redmond on a daily... things a champ, but i really want a little more comfortable ride....

i love every bit of the car....

Well if for no other reason, at least it will flush the 35 y/o fluid out. Definitely adjust them first.

definitely will inspect the braking system more thoroughly this weekend. the car came with a fe receipts and one of them was from les schwab in 2009 that had both front and rear brakes taken care of (calipers, rotors, shoes, etc....) but as a precautionary measure, i will still inspect... i will try and get more pics but but im really wanting to polish her up and take about a bottle and a hald of greenworks multi purpose cleaner to the interior to try and get some of the dirt off.......the car doesnt need many things, but if anyone is intereste, heres my short list of things i would like to get done....

1. fix brake problem

2. fix driver seat bracket

3. install radio

4. install muffler (a straight pipe in this thing is utterly ridiculous for daily driving)

5.try my hand at a little body work to fix the rusty rear quarter panel o nthe car

6. reupholster my rear seat

7. get my rear dent pulled so i can possibly install the rear bumper

8. rising sun on me hood

then... shes golden!

definitely will inspect the braking system more thoroughly this weekend. the car came with a fe receipts and one of them was from les schwab in 2009 that had both front and rear brakes taken care of (calipers, rotors, shoes, etc....) but as a precautionary measure, i will still inspect... i will try and get more pics but but im really wanting to polish her up and take about a bottle and a hald of greenworks multi purpose cleaner to the interior to try and get some of the dirt off.......the car doesnt need many things, but if anyone is intereste, heres my short list of things i would like to get done....

1. fix brake problem

3. install radio

4. install muffler (a straight pipe in this thing is utterly ridiculous for daily driving)

5.try my hand at a little body work to fix the rusty rear quarter panel o nthe car

8. rising sun on me hood

then... shes Going to Mt Rainer on the 24th

fixedsmile.gif

1. fix brake problem

3. install radio

8. rising sun on me hood

then... shes golden!

in seeing all these comments from everyone, i see theres a good bit of northwesterners on this forum... me likey.

fixedsmile.gif

haha, i will try my hardest....im gonna try and coax the wife into going with me so she can meet some datsun folks... we used to do cruises with a local audi forum too, did one up to mt. rainier... too much dick swining going on there... im sure you folks are different right? :)

my wife will be in a full leg foot cast from foot surgery, im sure shes stoked to go!