v320 wagon build thread

V320 KID

hey guys my name is Troy marshall I have a 1964 datsun v320 that I will / have be building up .

the good bits

. the panels are prety straight

. its got the origional motor with only 60 000 on the clock

. engine runs well

thats all I can think of for the good lol

THE BAD

. rust is pety bad in the sills

. front window has a crack

.side window is cracked and superglued togeather lol

.crome isnt in the best shape needs to be re done

. indercator cover thingos are bit passed there used buy date

. sills are shot (getting new ones folded this week.

so over the next few monthes (or years) me and my dad will be working on this as a project for me to eventually use as my first car. I will try up date this thread as we work on the little beast .

I have had it for awile now so a bit of work has being done .

the plans for it .. fix the rust bye cutting it out and welding in sheet metal .

getting crome re cromed

new bages

new paint

maby some new wheels or stock with a nice set of white walls

lower it so the wheels sit nicely under the guards

replace the 2 stuffed windows

thats all I can think of at the moment if this is in the wrong section can a modd please move it

cheers Troy

180948_1717350466365_1616352677_1597536_6642727_n-1.jpg[/img]

SAM_0143.jpg[/img]

also you guys seem alot Moore helpful then the Australian datsun forums

• Like 1
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeahh the back seat folds down mate and it has a bench seat in the front . ok so a bit of a update

both of the sils and body mounts have been cut out and new ones have been welded in .

a few holes in the back have been welded up and we will hopefully finish off moast of the rust repair in the next 2 weeks.

it should be in paint in 2 months and on the road in 6 to 8 months.

And yer will be my car that ill drive to school / work (im a apprentice boilermaker) carnt wait until it is done .

also is there any websites were i can buy lights and light chrome? im finding it very hard to get parts

ok guys so i started to try and lower the front tonight buy taking out the torsion bars? then jacking up the wheel and the arms and putting the tortion bar back in and tighting it up .

is there a better way to do it? also in aus it has to be atlease 110mm off the ground (to the lowest point of the car) so i want to get it to 115mm without people in it .

also how much should i lower the back? i was thinking 2 inch reset and 2 inch blocks ? . or should i just go 4 inch blocks?

thanks for the positive feed back guys realy appreciate it.

ok guys so i started to try and lower the front tonight buy taking out the torsion bars? then jacking up the wheel and the arms and putting the tortion bar back in and tighting it up .

is there a better way to do it? also in aus it has to be atlease 110mm off the ground (to the lowest point of the car) so i want to get it to 115mm without people in it .

also how much should i lower the back? i was thinking 2 inch reset and 2 inch blocks ? . or should i just go 4 inch blocks?

thanks for the positive feed back guys realy appreciate it.

That is how you lower torsion bar frontends, but you lose the ride as you drop the front. You can Z the lower front arms making it a drop spindle, but that is permanent. As for the back, make your measurements and figure out how far you can drop, personally i would drive it around till you figure out what you can tolerate for a ride before you dropped the back, most the guys end up raising it back up a ways after they drive it, the lower you go the shittier the ride.

ok thanks heaps guys . i just want the front to tuck guards and the rear to be slammed haha . i am going to pick up new U bolts tmorro and just see were i want it to sit.

i dont get to work on it today as i have to go to a awards night :( . but tmorro i will give you guys a decent update with a few pictures :D i know you guys love lots of pics haha

my girlfriend came over this arvo so i didn't get anything done :( . but my mum (mom for you guys :P) is taking me to the shops tomorrow so i can buy new bolts for the front end and the new U bolts ;)

my girlfriend came over this arvo so i didn't get anything done :( . but my mum (mom for you guys :P) is taking me to the shops tomorrow so i can buy new bolts for the front end and the new U bolts ;)

I know what mum is, but I dont know what "arvo" is...

and a quick google search brings back "Australian slang for Afternoon."

Mum is also used in the UK, and because of that we see it used in some movies and shows. Not many australian shows/movies here...

haha . ok guys so a little update from today i cleaned up a few parts and relised what i need to replace . i also started cleaning up the chassis with a wire wheel on the grinder sutch a messy job i still smell like grease and degreasser :( and i have has 2 showers lol .

I also went to the shops to try and buy longer U bolts ...... unforntually the guy was a rude dickhead and i didn't end up getting them.

here are a pics of the sills and floor that have been replaced :D

%3Ca%20href=

302620_2229790797053_1616352677_2217541_798055222_n.jpg">">