Alex's red 4 door

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few cars that I have painted crack at the lead seems, 14 years ago I painted a wagon. Just a few years later, the only complaint was the cracks at each window corner. 13 years later it still looked great, besides the hood flying up, and the cracks around the window frames, so we painted it again. That was the 2 tone goon job we did last year.

Here is a pic of the White Knight after being painted for 2 years (didn't melt the lead out of this one)

DSCN1645-1.jpg

DSCN1647-1.jpg

I usually don't weld the seems, as the heat and distortion ,makes for a shit load more work, however I have tried it.

Nowadays filler aka mud aka bondo, will stick to everything. I drip it on the floor and have to work to chisel it off.

This 4 door had most its filler over the factory paint, I'm not a fan of that but it seems to work

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Like the vid. Shoulda dun a dusty burn-out!

Next time I am back there for sure. It is a three hour drive so not sure when that will be.

It was nice to see the car moving after sitting since fourth of july, still runs like a champ:D

Wish I could have stayed (for a week or three) and helped but couldn't so didn't.

The ignition switch broke; the key would turn and turn and after about a dozen times it caught and started.

Cant wait to put her back together and drive daily like before.

Vicki/James...any moar pics?

KGB = Killer green balls, very nice

Pic Whores of Ratsun here we go, go now

So we tossed the totally fucked up fenders this bitch came in with. I pulled from the shed a very beautiful set with near no damage. Been savin these bitches for my car but i'm done working endless hours to make fucked fenders look good, did I mention these fenders have been in my shed for almost 10 years.

lasvagas11_5045.jpg

Sand and sand and sand again, did I mention i like to sand

lasvagas11_5044.jpg

lasvagas11_5057.jpg

Did i mention we are taking less pictures and doing more work :)

So I would never negative rep you because you do AMAZING things that I get on here every day to read about/see. But seriously you should take more pictures because you are doing more work. Great thread by the way seeing all you guys do makes me want to just take mine apart and start fresh.

Most people dont coment on oics and the coments are what keeps the keeper going!

I remember talking to James about his builds and him stating exactly that.

Im always following your builds but never post, you both do amazing work.. So here is my comment:

Keep up the awesome craftsmanship and the attention to detail that is put in. And I also enjoy all the pictures of the progress that is made in the projects.