Thermal transmitter

PinoyDat210

Hey everybody I have a question regarding the water temperature sensor or a.k.a thermal transmitter that connects to the head of 1980 datsun 210 5 speed 1397cc. I no longer have the sensor or nut that belongs their and i know without it u can experience enrichment, rough idle and eventual overheating. So to my question does anyone known were to find a replacement part for this? I have searched and only could find ones from early 210's and 280'z's, by MY observation they look about the same but i was wondering if these were interchangable? Thanks any information will help but i desperately need this part as for i am in a current restoration proccess.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

without it u can experience enrichment, rough idle and eventual overheating

That is true for the thermostat, but not the thermal transmitter.

I no longer have the sensor or nut that belongs ... does anyone known were to find a replacement part for this?

Get it from your Nissan dealer:

* 25080-89900 GAUGE-TEMP ENGINE UNIT

* 25251-30100 NUT

Hey thanks for those part numbers. There isn't a nissan near by where i live, and after checking the prices from the factory direct i decided and bought one of e-bay for a little cheaper in the package. Yes, i do know that it is only hooked to the temperature gauge, i would like to know if my engine is a little hot or overheating, and secondly do u think that further problems could arise do to that fact that the engine has no temperature readings and tries to overcompensate or not at all? just wondering. Thanks for all the feedback it really helps!

It's not an EFI motor that has sensors telling the ECU what to do, or lack of readings that fool the ECU into a faulty air/fuel mixture. The temp sender is strictly for running the gauge so that you can look at it. If the motor is running cold it is simply less efficient and will give slightly poorer mileage and performance. A carburetor is a simple minded idiot that mixes gas and air. The only input to it is your foot on the gas peddle.

• 2 years later...

Does anyone know the tread size of the 25251-30100 NUT?

This part number is for the post-1967 thermal transmitter engine block holes.

I need to determine if it will fit the pre-1968 Datsun 520/J13 block.

I you have an extra one to sell/trade, I would be interested

Thanks,

Keith

• 3 weeks later...

The threaded hole in my 1966 520, J13 block is 1/4"x18 fine thread. 

I just measured 25251-30100 to be 3/8"x18 fine thread.

Therefore, the threaded block hole is a smaller diameter than the suggested nut.

Has anyone else found an nut (locking collar) that fits the J13 engine?

Thanks,

Keith