WTH: Why would someone junk a little gem like this?

So I was out at my local junkyard today and I ran across this clean mostly if not completely straight and totally complete 1969 Toyota Crown. The bumpers are straight and clean, the interior is black leather and all there even has a perfect headliner. The front grille is aged but clean, straight and intact as well. All lenses are there and not broken at all. Only thing missing was both side emblems. Even the freakin' C pillar vents look like ours. I would have snagged them but they have the word crown on them and I wasn't sure how to remove them without tearing the headliner but if anyone is into Toyota's this would be a great little ride to save. Heck even the entire drivetrain was there!

Here's a few pics I took of it.

28e91fa3.jpg

07181004.jpg

f2d8fabd.jpg

2ed1ccfe.jpg

08521504.jpg

e30e8b8d.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone with skillz needs to photoshop some wheels on that thing and lower it so we can all see what could have been...

Looks pretty OG if you ask me...with that long trunk!

Plus I just read that they came with an inline 6...the engine in there did look pretty big for the car. I didn't take any engine bay pics though.

5113902605_fba0cbdd89_b.jpg

soutrnfresh.jpg

Looks pretty OG if you ask me...with that long trunk!

Plus I just read that they came with an inline 6...the engine in there did look pretty big for the car. I didn't take any engine bay pics though.

5113902605_fba0cbdd89_b.jpg

soutrnfresh.jpg

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/9352-1969-toyota-crown/

small world eh?

Well I thought he may have been on here but he goes under a different handle on the first site I found him in. I read he had Datsuns and was even thinking of (gasp) selling his 620 to fund this Crown project...hahaha still a pretty cool ride. I PM'ed him on another site, I should PM him here to see if he wants me to pick him any spare parts since he's not in California. :)...just being Ratsun-friendly.

This thing is way too cool.

I hope it gets saved.

I agree but it's not in the 'builders' row, it's out in the yard for picking...sadly it's probably too late which sucks a$$!

Hey man! I'm here! I didn't use the computer at all over the long weekend. I was cleaning up tress {see my thread in the 620 section!}

Thanks for looking me up when you found this car. It is in better shape than mine it looks like. If you {71dimer} or anyone else whats to pull parts for me i would love it. I need a few parts and want about everything.

I need: Front windshield and rear bumper, ok these would be hard to ship!! But i do really need them {meet me in Texas!!!}

i really need the crome trim the surrounds the windshield, just the passeger side. heres a pic why

toyota2003.jpg

I also really need the Idler arm, even if it's bad, i can rebuild it and not worry about detroying or losing mine.

Rocker panels! i can't believe this car is in a yard!

Driver fender

1 stock hubcap {might be in trunk?}

After that it turns from need to want. I would love any emblems, small pieces from interior etc. Really i would buy the whole car piece by piece just to have spares, cuz these cars are impossible to find parts for. Datsuns can be hard, but nothing compared to finding anything for this car.

On a side note, I just put on some Enkei 92's

016.jpg

dslr.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...