Ron1200's '79 KC 620

Ron1200

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good.

Is that the plastic OEM replacement that Rock Auto & O'rielly's carries?

If so anything you don't like about it?

Time for an update...

Got tired of fixing radiator leaks... Solder one up and it would spring a leak in a different spot. After the 5th leak I just bough a new one...

2014-12-31%2015.48.19_zpsxozywzyt.jpg

• Like 1

I have the O'Reilly plastic radiator. Only complaint is that the holes for the fan shroud were drilled too low. If you aren't using a fan shroud, should be great.

Edit: my radiator is on a 720, not a 620, so maybe my review isn't most useful..... :)

• Like 2

Howdy neighbor! (channeling Jeb again)...  Stop by and say hi...

I drove passed you and gave you the horns in a pathfinder. Seen you turn so I had to see if you parked at a house and sure enough.. your my down the street neighbor.. sweet! I'll stop by and say hi.

Haha only a datsun stalker I swear

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Finally decided to move ahead with paint on the 620.  Working with Resurrection Auto Body. As you can see the bed I hauled down from Roy is no longer green.  The side seams have been welded and the inside Rhino-lined. The color is Scion 'cement' gray.  The truck goes in today.

wS0doiP.jpg

DOIiEVH.jpg

• Like 8

Digging the simplistic look of that bumper. Excellent color choice :cool:

Nice truck!

Thanks for the comments.  I really wanted this color, but could not locate a paint code and had no sample to scan... The Scion gray is a little more blue in person, but it's a OK 2nd choice.

u1uA066.jpg

• Like 1

Looked like a scout but front end looked funky, but then realized the picture was probably taken at the body shop and not your garage. That truck is going to look great in that grew, are you planning to keep those mag wheels you have?

Thanks Ted.  Yes I'm gonna keep the Appliance Wire Mags.  They are only 14" but I like the way they ride with 185/75-14s on them. BTW I have 6 of them.  Four came with the truck and picked up two more from Merlin. 

Thessseee are the special Datsun version   :thumbup:

cVRZPw1.jpg

• Like 4

Spent Saturday straightening and refinishing the strip on the leading edge of the hood.  Surprising how much time one can spend on resurrecting parts.

Here's a shout-out to Ted for linking me up with a Ratsun How-To on how to replace the strip retaining nuts/bolts.

620 Hood Trim Hardware Mod

CXThcS6.jpg

• Like 3

I work at a Toyota dealer and see that Scion gray everyday. It's a great neutral color. Not over the top. Should look great on your 620.

Now that I got a chance to see it on the 620, I'm liking it!  In direct sunlight, the pearl really pops.  :thumbup:

• Like 1