5 lug/big brakes

dez

ive been searching around trying to find a way to convert my 210 (b310) over to 5 lug and get some bigger brakes on the front only...from my understanding i can get s12 v6 struts and bolt on z31 5 lug hubs along with the bigger brakes but they seem to be very hard to find any. are there any other option other then that or aerospace engineering stuff? or somebody have any s12 v6 bits i can buy

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not get 4 lug 280zx struts??? .... . plenty of options for bigger brakes or just enjoy the already larger stock 280zx brakes

... same bolt pattern front and rear,,, ability to find matching wheels......... . and a 280zx is easy to find at a junkyard compared to a 5 lug 200sx which is not

• Like 1

Why not get 4 lug 280zx struts??? .... . plenty of options for bigger brakes or just enjoy the already larger stock 280zx brakes

... same bolt pattern front and rear,,, ability to find matching wheels......... . and a 280zx is easy to find at a junkyard compared to a 5 lug 200sx which is not

This, above.

Christ just how much brake do you need an such a small light car? You'll never need it, ever. Adding unsprung weight will not help the handling either. 5 lug on the front and 4 on the back?? What will you do for rims? Minimum 14" to clear the rotors.

its easy dude. convert over to datsun 280zx brakes and struts. and then have a professional machine shop re drill your four lug hubs over to five lug ford bolt 5 x 4.5 pattern. im having this done right now. ill let you know how it goes and post pics. there is not enough meat and hub circumference to do this for the chevy 5 x 4.75 lug patern. i want five lug wheels, more choices of wheels this way, and im having an rx7 rear diff cut and narrowed and requires new axles, so im having the axles done in this pattern.

well i was doing some more searching and followed a couple different link that let me to a "how-to" that said the M30 struts are very similar to the s12 v6 struts and the Z31T 5 lug stuff bolts right up, there are M30's popping up around here regularly so i may give that a wirl

Redrilling anything brake/suspension wise has always kinda scared me but keep us updated

I have S13 front struts, spindles, and lower control arms on my '78 B210. I posted in another 210 wheel thread about my setup and I'm still not positive that everything on the front of B210 and 210 are exactly the same BUT.... IF you can use the S13 240SX front setup then you have a ton of options on 5 lug and big brakes.... I plan on going with Z32 front brakes eventually which are a direct bolt on to the S13 spindles and using S14 SE hubs which are 5 lug... I know its a hodge podge of parts but its all readily available stuff.

Doing an S13 swap opens up the brakes from any S13 or S14 240SX, Infinity J30 and Q45 plus the aftermarket selection from Wilwood etc... Not to mention the strut aftermarket selection. I used factory S13 struts and the original springs with about 4 coils cut off. You also have to cut the lower spring perch down circumferentialy (sp) to get it to fit in the strut tower. It took me about 2hrs on a lift to do the swap. Again, hope this helps for a 210. I had to enlarge the inner bushing sleeves maybe a mm. and grind down the bushing sleeve on each end to get it over the inner mount "stud". Used the O.E. strut tops and spring perch. Redrilled new holes in the lower control arm and used the stock tension rods. Brake lines from the 240SX bolted right up.