Haubstr 521

Looks Good ! I do like the rake - I think it looks Great just the way its sits ! Yea it looks good ! Ok lets just cut it off and do it it again - It's no sweat ! next weekend ! Just leave it on the trailer and we will do it - CHOP CHOP and Burn Burn and its done

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been a long time for an update but this is a lifetime project...

Here is what is going on:

This:

DSC_0320_zpswg7rhzof.jpg

DSC_0318_zpskwvdks20.jpg

Is getting this:

DSC_0309_zpsi5s7wsli.jpg

It is an S14 KA24DE with S13 Distributor and wiring harness.

Anyway, I'm throwing on some new gaskets and de-smogging and see what happens. Clutch and rear main seal look new... 

I just want to have more reliability and a little more power... 

I'll post progress as I go

Haubstr

• Like 3

So good engine but i will say I would do the timing chain with a newer one and check to see if they did the timing chain tensioner delete already. I had issues with the one I had a while back.This would be the time to just do it and remedy the problem before you plot it in. Also what is your rear end ratio, if its low your going to wine out at top gear so just some things to consider, this is the time to address them.Looking good though. :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

That is the dilemma right now... Do the engine bay while its out or not

Original color is a turquoise color. I have access to a starter bed, fenders, metal dash, and doors from a '69. This means no side markers but it is a different color. If I decide to go that way a repaint will happen.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Finally got it to start yesterday and it sounded good... Below is what it looks like now... Still need to finish a couple things like exhaust, fix trans tunnel, finish wiring in electric fans, and gauges

IMG_0584_zpsuduj7mut.jpg

IMG_0585_zps8cbx4qkl.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...

what disc brake assembly u use on ur 521

Read post #9, page one of this thread.

Also type "disc brake swap on 521" into the search function top right of page in the white rectangle that says Search... in it, just under the 510 picture. Everything, and more than you want to know, is there for reading. This is  one of the most documented swaps there is for the trucks. Read thoroughly and you shouldn't have any questions after.

• Like 2

True on all accounts... Used BEEBANI disc brake brackets front and rear as well as his coil over brackets. I did use Blackmarkit KA motormounts and trans mount. Everything I have used has been well built and would use again in a heart beat.

Thanks again guys

• Like 1

Looking good. If I may suggest pull the grill and cut or notch the front end so you can put one centered pusher fan. A Hayden is fine and it will give you a much cleaner look and free up space between the radiator and the front of the engine. I wish I took pics but you cut it clean so that you can't see it with the grill back.mounted and it will look and function great.

• Like 2