The Miata - Notes...

Well, Decided to Throw my Miata up in this thread since i might start doing little things here and there.. It is my Daily and i'm not really considering making big performance upgrades, just enough to keep me happy while still building the datsun...

When I first got it.... Had 16x8 +15 XXR 501

back-reg.jpg

Sitting next to my friends Eg

parked.jpg

Freeway shot

freeway.jpg

Borrowed my friends Sprint Harts while my new wheels were on their way 15x6.5 +35 or sumthing dont like the gap...

08232011_008.jpg

My Diamonds Came in 15x8 +12

Looks Staggered since i only put the rears

08232011_007.jpg

08242011.jpg

Still want to make the roll bar myself with the help of a friend, and i still want to get aftermarket bracing for the undercarriage.. Not sure of doing any engine mods yet...

• Like 1
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice miata. Are you on moccforums?

No... Went to Mx5 forum and they sucked.. No fun so i didnt log on again...

notes.... i always thought you where a guy :rofl: i had to give you some shit

Ha-ha-ha, Very Funny.. Its cool.. One of my friends calls it the Unicorn... The Chicks i know call it a Barbie Car.. Oh well.. This one hopefully looks more aggresive later to get away from that :P

No... Went to Mx5 forum and they sucked.. No fun so i didnt log on again...

I've never been on the mx5 forums, but mocc is pretty good forum, can be like ratsun, take it with a grain of salt lol. They are always having meets, and Mazfest was not that long ago, wish I could have made it out for that. Live to far away and don't have a mazda anymore.

I've never been on the mx5 forums, but mocc is pretty good forum, can be like ratsun, take it with a grain of salt lol. They are always having meets, and Mazfest was not that long ago, wish I could have made it out for that. Live to far away and don't have a mazda anymore.

Just Signed up.. Not a bad site at all.. Lots of Oics!! Thanks for the refferal... :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

Well Deciding to add to this.. No oics right now but will take em tomorrow.. Rolled the fenders more so it clears good.. had and unfotunate event happen on the freeway the other day.. Arrow is the miata and orange are cones.. Well i was going pretty fast at like 3am and the freeway was partially blocked off... but what i saw at the top of the hill sucked.. a fuckin cone dead center.. wtf... hit it pretty hard and i tried going left but didnt want to crash into the ditch and didnt want to go rigth into the other cones.. so now i am missing a chunk out of my bumper.. goodbye fog light and brackets.. cracked the front of the bumper too.. later i saw that it hit the fender, side of my door and smudged my new wheels.. :( cleaned it up but cant hide the broken bumper...

freeway-1.png

Do this...

XXRMiata2.jpg

XXRMiata.jpg

I don't remember who makes this hard top/hatch conversion, but they have tons of stuff for the Miata.

In one of the other Miata threads around here, someone mentioned who makes that kit.

It may have been in FoxyRoadster's Miata thread?

Miatas suck. They're girl cars. Yada, yada, yada.

I would love to have one, but have reservations. Ya know.

But with that hatch kit-done deal. Changes the whole car.

Although...Good looking Miata NOTES.

Now get on with the Dime!

LS1 miata... too bad we're in CA, we cant do bad ass swaps like that without having to worry about smog.. dry.gif

+1 to get u out of -

So anywho.. yeah.. Monster miata would be cool but not really my style.. i like the small 4banger... its fun to drive and handles awesome.. I know sum poeple for smog too.. :)

Had plenty of Hondas and went thru that whole thing.. thats why i like my 71 510, No smog...!!! Yay

im for the ITBS!!

btw are those diamond racing rims?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nhgge6xixY

They are... Just got them not too long ago.. took like 8 weeks for them to show up.. got them directly from them... ITB would be my dream setup for it.. I want this to be an NA motor.. I love boost but for curves.. NA is best... IMO

BTW.. that miata seems slow.. Looks like mine pulls harder and it just has an intake i made like 2 days ago...

They are... Just got them not too long ago.. took like 8 weeks for them to show up.. got them directly from them... ITB would be my dream setup for it.. I want this to be an NA motor.. I love boost but for curves.. NA is best... IMO

BTW.. that miata seems slow.. Looks like mine pulls harder and it just has an intake i made like 2 days ago...

there was a video with that drift king guy (Japanese one) with a miata with ITB's and that thing sounded like it could breathe. and is it just me or are the wheels pretty cheap? what is it like $80 a wheel?

EDIT: i found it!

One of my former bosses used/still does? race Miata Spec cup.

That car is fucking fast. Not quick. Just fast.

I went to Portland International Raceway with him one day when he was practicing.

We got there early so I could run with him.

He installed passenger seat, and off we went.

That was one of the craziest/best drives I had ever taken.

And I've been in some awesome cars.

I really believe any change to the drivetrain to that car would disrupt it's balance terribly.

Except maybe a rotary turbo.

One of my former bosses used/still does? race Miata Spec cup.

That car is fucking fast. Not quick. Just fast.

I went to Portland International Raceway with him one day when he was practicing.

We got there early so I could run with him.

He installed passenger seat, and off we went.

That was one of the craziest/best drives I had ever taken.

And I've been in some awesome cars.

I really believe any change to the drivetrain to that car would disrupt it's balance terribly.

Except maybe a rotary turbo.

yeah.. car has like perfect balance and doing a swap will make it all out of wack...

there was a video with that drift king guy (Japanese one) with a miata with ITB's and that thing sounded like it could breathe. and is it just me or are the wheels pretty cheap? what is it like $80 a wheel?

They are cheap.. was like 340 or so for all 4 and then plus shipping... not too bad.. i like the simplicity of them and im not into chrome/polish look for the car.. so black and simple are my taste... Good but heavy wheels... Just a lil cruiser nothin crazy.. still my dd