winter warrior "elenor"

lol thats why i got it for winter driving and my all around vehicle yeah its only 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive no low range but that might get fixed in the future i also have 2 motors that come with it i have no idea what they are in terms of displacement or anything like that but i could trade parts or buy a bigger boxer motor later down the road for now im just gonna rock it how it sits maybe a slight lift

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

alright i got it home!!!!!!!

loading it

DSCN0589.jpg

trying to get out

DSCN0590.jpg

DSCN0591.jpg

DSCN0592.jpg

gave up and crawled out the passenger side which was no small task

DSCN0593.jpg

whos tailgateing me... casper

DSCN0595.jpg

destination reached

DSCN0596.jpg

DSCN0597.jpg

DSCN0598.jpg

DSCN0599.jpg

i have got to do something about the seats they sit to high and the steering wheel is in my crotch

DSCN0600.jpg

DSCN0601.jpg

unloaded the goodies

DSCN0605.jpg

these may be all aluminum but damn there still heavy

DSCN0606.jpg

next to michelle i looked at them side by side there is somthing wrong when my station wagon is 3 inches shorter then my 2 door coupe

DSCN0602.jpg

so today we filled the radiator adjusted the carb and wired the fan to a toggle switch since the stock thermo switch is dead also fixed the temp gauge

all in all a good day

DSCN0604.jpg

today was cleaning day i washed it cleaned out the interior scrubbed the engine bay cleaned up and painted the push bar the rims with the best tires on them started bleeding the brakes but when my sister prooved to be less then helpful at working the brake pedal i gave up ill try again later i also replaced all the vacuum lines going to the carb and put a new radiator cap on it so the cooling system will hold pressure

DSCN0607.jpg

DSCN0608.jpg

ignore the chunk of vacuum line on the seat

DSCN0609.jpg

DSCN0610.jpg

then i remembered i had the stock hubcaps from shelly and that they were 13's im glad i hung on to them

DSCN0615.jpg

cleaner engine bay

DSCN0616.jpg

DSCN0617.jpg

well today after work my dad and i bled the brakes and i installed a tach now that i got to drive the car faster then 5 mph the speedo doesnt read past 20 and the clutch slips baaaaad but other then that its a solid car

tach.jpg

im thinking i might go with a mild lift

this brat is stock

100_0073.jpg

now its not lol

IMG_0193.jpg

a mild lift would be cool but for the terrain around here a rally style setup would be best but then again its not winter yet so it might need a lift my biggest issue with lifting it is that its not actually lifting it its lowering the drive train so im not really getting more travel just ground clearance

2 things that "almost" every one fs up on lifting a roo

1 look at that camber! jumping and or hard wheeling is going to tare that thing apart pretty fn fast,

2 look at the oil pan, body lifts on subies should be done in mudderation. the oil pan is infrenging on the aproach angle, and believe me the crank twkes up alot of that space ive seen a dry sump done but it didnt gain much clearence for the effort

4 inches is great and with a little trimming can fit pretty big tires ( maybe a small castor ajustment) 2011-07-22062133.jpgoh and fitting a truck rim in side the fenders is hard so try looking at trailer rims

2011-07-22062201.jpg boggers make tsl's in 29 inch now, or do baja claw, or whatever

lol thats why i got it for winter driving and my all around vehicle yeah its only 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive no low range but that might get fixed in the future i also have 2 motors that come with it i have no idea what they are in terms of displacement or anything like that but i could trade parts or buy a bigger boxer motor later down the road for now im just gonna rock it how it sits maybe a slight lift

one of theseEJ_EA_Adapter_pl_4d5b3d94145ff.jpg

and you bolt in a 94 2.2 ltr ( the motor only has two plugs to wire up94 or new, older theres 3 or 4 plugs no biggie) and low range doest matter, the low range trans are abit stronger tho,

or skid plate it and get some studded snow tires and rock it. if you get hung up you just hold the gas down, slam the clutch in and slide your foot off the side repewdily while jerking the wheel back and forth with great vigor. they dont realy get "stuck" they just lose momentum

well i got a clutch for it and for free non the less! local subaru guy had it laying around i asked how much he wanted for it and he said free get it out of my life so for 200 bucks plus the cost of registration i have a 4x4 for the winter can we say winning? cause i can