photo4035.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

photo4037.jpg

photo4038.jpg

photo4039u.jpg

Can you take a photo of the back like this photo with the tailgate down, and strait from the back also with the tailgate down so that we can see what is under the bed.

photo4037.jpg

A photo like this, but from farther back and lower.

photo4012.jpg

I see you removed the front and side racks, we have nothing like this in the USA, I am wondering if it was made this way or done later by someone else.

Can you take a photo of the back like this photo with the tailgate down, and strait from the back also with the tailgate down so that we can see what is under the bed.

photo4037.jpg

A photo like this, but from farther back and lower.

photo4012.jpg

I see you removed the front and side racks, we have nothing like this in the USA, I am wondering if it was made this way or done later by someone else.

ok, tomorrow I´ll take more pics. about the racks, I don´t know if it was made this way or done by someone...the pickup was original from Angola and came to Portugal in 1978...I´m looking around to find other datsun 521 in Portugal to see if have some diferences but can´t find another one...

This is what the inside of our stock boxes look like.

CleanBed.jpg

This is what the side looks like over here.Photo1307.jpg

This is a better photo of the box and how we got it over here, see how we don't have the extention you have above the hooks on this truck, and how you don't have the hooks there at all.

014-2.jpg

This is what the inside of our stock boxes look like.

CleanBed.jpg

This is what the side looks like over here.Photo1307.jpg

This is a better photo of the box and how we got it over here, see how we don't have the extention you have above the hooks on this truck, and how you don't have the hooks there at all.

014-2.jpg

Yap...I like more yours, that´s why I´ll take off my extension and the hooks....

photo4012.jpg

looks like the bed floor was raised even with the fender wells

That's why I have been asking for more photos of the area, at first I thought it might have a dump bed, someone raised the sides and the bed floor, maybe for hydraulic cylinders, ect. It is a strange setup unless it has a purpose, but it's a datsun and someone is using it, so it has a purpose. :thumbup:

Here are the pictures, although it is strange, it seems to me that in fact this is how the factory ...

What is your opinion?

photo4040.jpg

photo4041.jpg

photo4043.jpg

photo4046.jpg

photo4042.jpg

My guess is it is factory ordered this way, to much work to pull apart a box to make this, notice the strange gas door also, a lot bigger than our version with no corner cut off like ours. This box had a purpose when new. I looked for parts cut off on the underside but did not see any, also all the bracing and tank mounts have been there a long time, you have to admit though, there is room under there to add hydraulic cylinders to make it a dump truck. I bet there are/was more of these out there, just not in the USA.

photo4037.jpg

Gas door is taller^^^, the bed lip has the hooks, just hard to see.

My guess is it is factory ordered this way, to much work to pull apart a box to make this, notice the strange gas door also, a lot bigger than our version with no corner cut off like ours. This box had a purpose when new. I looked for parts cut off on the underside but did not see any, also all the bracing and tank mounts have been there a long time, you have to admit though, there is room under there to add hydraulic cylinders to make it a dump truck. I bet there are/was more of these out there, just not in the USA.

photo4037.jpg

Gas door is taller^^^, the bed lip has the hooks, just hard to see.

I have the some opinion...too much work to be home made...

• 3 weeks later...

A few changes/parts will need to be made/bought to put an L block into your truck, the radiator core support would have to be removed, and a L block radiator found. Engine mounts would need to be fabricated, but first you would need to cut the old J block mounts off the frame, this action makes reversing this swap difficult, so you need to be sure you want to do this. Unless the J13 you have in it is having issues/problems, I would wait a while till you are sure, it is a lot of work to do correctly, the things that need to be changed are, radiator, engine mounts, transmission mount, hole cut in tunnel, driveline, and then there is the column shift setup, getting it out of there is a pain in the ass, it is easier to cut out, but difficult to reverse again. Personally I would drive it a while, if you do not like it, then start to get your parts together for a swap.

A few changes/parts will need to be made/bought to put an L block into your truck, the radiator core support would have to be removed, and a L block radiator found. Engine mounts would need to be fabricated, but first you would need to cut the old J block mounts off the frame, this action makes reversing this swap difficult, so you need to be sure you want to do this. Unless the J13 you have in it is having issues/problems, I would wait a while till you are sure, it is a lot of work to do correctly, the things that need to be changed are, radiator, engine mounts, transmission mount, hole cut in tunnel, driveline, and then there is the column shift setup, getting it out of there is a pain in the ass, it is easier to cut out, but difficult to reverse again. Personally I would drive it a while, if you do not like it, then start to get your parts together for a swap.

thanks wayno