DJM 3" Lower control arms?

hey guys,

so i think i've decided one of my first things on the agenda to get my '75 620 project rolling again (both the project and the truck itself :P) is going to be the disc brake/ball joint conversion (suspensions half apart, and needs shop help anyway) as outlined in Glengeman's how-to, using BEEBANI's upper arms. I've seen members saying using a dropped spindle is probably not out of the question, anybody tried yet? so thats on the list, but real question here is:

since the lower control arm used in the conversion is out of a hardbody, would this DJM 3" drop lower control arm for hardbodies work in this application?

This, combined with the spindles and rest of conversion parts would give 5" drop, correct geometry, disc brakes AND ball joints. Of course it adds some $$ factor in there but it could be worth it. ??? any thoughts?

oh and i plan on eventually baggin this truck, and these arms look a lil more bag ready than factory arms, but i could be wrong.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dropped lower control arms do not give proper geometry. Think about them for a minute, they moved the ball joint end of the arm up so that the center of the arm does not hit the bump stop as soon. Does the same thing to the geometry as factory arms would do if you removed all the bumpstop mounting point. And since they allow that much more lowering, think about the angle that the upper control arm is now at. Nothing has been even considered to fix this extreme angle.

Now, i do see what you are trying to accomplish. It could work, but i cant say if the drop arms would fit in the conversion to the older truck, but i dont see why not. It might be possible to have a very low and nice riding truck with these parts.

But with 2" spindles and a fair torsion drop. that will be lower than you could drive daily.

jason

If you plan to "bag it" later I'd stay away from the drop control arms. just get a 2" drop spindal, and start saving for the next biggest mod.

I'm in the process of doing all of the above with new stuff and its pricey.

although you can go the cheaper route (hack yard) and get it for alot cheaper.

and I agree with yellow620 " with 2-inch spindles and a fair torsion drop... that will be lower than you could drive daily."