Just bought a 64 Volvo, what was I thinking?

Last Friday I drove the car to the bar where the guy I bought it from was performing. He was unloading his equipment when I pulled in. The expression on his face was funny.

I would have loved to see him face-palm so hard when you rolled up :cool: . Win.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a number of years ago I had a black Volvo like yours and it also had a 2.0L and SU's. From what little info I could glean back then is the 2.0L was a factory option that did not become standard till a few years later.

a problem rust area I remember was right around the headlight bezels.

I say swap a KA into it but I think there is enough space for an RB

I thought about dropping it on a S-10 frame since its rusty. I have an olds 403 6.6L bolted to a turbo 375. But after I got the 2.0L running on all 4 cylinders and driving it some, I'm leaning towards trying to fix it the way it is. I'm trying to figure a way to rebuild the subframe and fabricate rear control arms or whatever they call those things. There is two solid steel arms that attach to the rear end and two others that are hollow and kinda flat. The hollow ones are rusted off.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Over here Volvos are generally looked on as cars driven by hat wearing seventy year olds with bad eyesight.

This car is über cool!

Certainly changed my thoughts on Volvos!

That`s how they are thought of here as well.. :lol:

I love them for some reason ..and ratted out like this one ,,with the tires all stickin out and all ,,,bad ass.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replys, I didn't realize this was still going.

Update on the car...

Its still running and its still here. Alternator stopped charging, need to buy another one. Its no big deal, can buy it at autozone. At some point I'm going to have to get back to working on this car. I just have too many projects, not enough money. I have time since I'm unemployed.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to have a 70s jaguar xj6 or xj12. I think they would be good cruisers.

I saw this car on ebay a few years ago. It was in canada, its a 70 Jaguar xj6 with a 4 speed manual transmission.

1970JAGUARXJ64SPEEDD.jpg

1970JAGUARXJ64SPEEDF.jpg

1970JAGUARXJ64SPEEDH.jpg

1970JAGUARXJ64SPEEDG.jpg

1970JAGUARXJ64SPEEDA.jpg

• 1 year later...

Well 3 years later I still have the car.  I have been putting it around the yard from time to time.  Last week, out of being bored, I decided I was going to drive this thing to my friends last show of the season.  That is this week Saturday.  He is the friend that originally sold me the car.

Last weekend I put a GM alternator on it, got it to charge again, messed with the carbs, installed a radio, and put plates and ins on it.  I drove it 150 miles so far including a 80 mile trip to work and back.  I didn't even wash it, just cleaned the windshield.

10632741_10204853703407154_7918305402031
10375491_10204853703967168_5659586286217
10590627_10204853704647185_8923689327830

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...