1968 510 4 doors for sale

I have first year of 68 510 4 doors. New upholstery for $2000. The car is not missing any parts. Complete original parts. Plus everything inside and outside the car working properly, u can name it from light, wiper, heater and etc. Everything works.(I have some pics and video) . The only thing the car needs is painting. I think the car has some parts or functions different than the others year like Siamese wipers, tail light, dashboard and etc. I think it rare. I post it because maybe theres someone who reall want to buy it. I'll just keep it if no one buy it. I'll paint it and keep it as my classic car. ;) I'm looking to let it go for about $7000.

CIMG2202.jpg

CIMG2305.jpg

CIMG2323.jpg

CIMG2327.jpg

CIMG2329.jpg

CIMG2200.jpg

CIMG2337.jpg

CIMG2322.jpg

CIMG2223.jpg

CIMG2217.jpg

CIMG2227.jpg

CIMG2234.jpg

CIMG2307.jpg

CIMG2324.jpg

CIMG2268.jpg

CIMG2259.jpg

CIMG2293.jpg

CIMG2249.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I got to say . It's beautiful!!!. Should be more detailed in the description and pictures. I suggest keeping it. Going to have a hard time competing against ka 2 doors

Thanks man. More pics coming really want u to see inside the car. Wait for them!!!!

Guest 510kamikazifreak

Thanks man. More pics coming really want u to see inside the car. Wait for them!!!!

I agree with Phil.

Keep it its yours..

many people would give a lefty to have one

i agree...more pictures, more pictures, more pictures 15-20 should work.....what's the % of how stock? take all the guess work out. what's the engine compartment look like? interior have a cracked dash, stock radio, gages ect, pull up the floor mats, open the trunk. myself more pictures less description. i just sold my fully restored 68 2 door for $9100. the bird s*#t on the passenger side window great selling point!

i just sold my fully restored 68 2 door for $9100.

I think that says it all...too bad this isn't fully restored. Heck if that is the going price point on 68 510's you'll see my wagon up for sale (for real this time)! :P

Always nice to see an unrestored example of the '68. The front fender marker is the same as the '69 but only the '68 has no rear side marker light. The '68 grill with DATSUN emblem is unique to that year as is the wiper placement and wiper valence with two protruding chromed washer nozzles not on other years. Rear tail lights are not like any other year and the rear bumper has a license light in it. Heater controls are horizontal not vertical and the ignition key is located on the left side of the dash and not in the steering column.

Always nice to see an unrestored example of the '68. The front fender marker is the same as the '69 but only the '68 has no rear side marker light. The '68 grill with DATSUN emblem is unique to that year as is the wiper placement and wiper valence with two protruding chromed washer nozzles not on other years. Rear tail lights are not like any other year and the rear bumper has a license light in it. Heater controls are horizontal not vertical and the ignition key is located on the left side of the dash and not in the steering column.

a few more unique items of the 1968 front grill and bezels,dash,steering column bezal,no ID plate on dash, VIN#'s PL510-000011thru040010 sedan 1968/19968 SW WPL510-800001thru820000,1 pice metal dash top,crossmember, a-arm bushings,glove box emblem, brake test liight switch by speedo, no head rests, fuse block,air vents twist knobs,optional bench seat. ash tray on rear bench seat, trunk back pannel with metal tray,wagons rear door window&door handles diffrent location,radio,radio block off plate with DATSUN on it plastic,seat belts,antanna, return line from carb to gas tank. 68&69 metal fender,trunk,pilar vents,rear pannel 510 all were metal,front turn signals,DATSUN emblem over rear license plate,window and door handles,wagon rear hatch vents metal.

I think that says it all...too bad this isn't fully restored. Heck if that is the going price point on 68 510's you'll see my wagon up for sale (for real this time)! :P

wanted $12K had over $5K in the engine compartment alone. L16 w/dual SU's polished carburetors and all linkage cad plated then sent them up to Z therapy, steve totally rebuilt them. then had a brand new PVC dual SSS SU hose along with right out of the F-in box brand (40plus yrs old)new SSS aircleaner. the engine harness (used) only had 1 splice! other than that all original. the list went on........

Whats the deal with the 68s and 73s being so rare? Seems wierd that there are so many sold in between those years. Was it a case of them putting out a feeler to our market in 68 then selling off the left overs from 73? Nice car, good luck with sale

Whats the deal with the 68s and 73s being so rare? Seems wierd that there are so many sold in between those years. Was it a case of them putting out a feeler to our market in 68 then selling off the left overs from 73? Nice car, good luck with sale

first year and the last doesn't matter what vehicle. these cars in the past have sold for the most. mmm not to sound like a know it all but, the diffeeence between a 72 and a 73 not that much. the 68 to the 73 big time diffrence! 1973 rear window defroster, along with blue switch below radio, rubber bumper overriders, wiper&head light switches illuminated,hubcaps, heater control face plate flat not pushed out like all the others. not for sure but only made 73's for about 6 months

Yeah first and last tend to be valuable but that doesnt explain the rarity. What your saying about the 73s makes sense though cause I kinda figured there must have been a shortened run, like they were just trying to empty their inventory of parts.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.