Z32 brake upgrade for ball joint trucks

Ok, so here it is: This kit includes adapters, rotors, hardware for mounting, and the soft lines/adapters for connecting to the stock hardlines. All you have to source is the calipers and pads.

IMG_4703.jpg

IMG_4702.jpg

IMG_4701.jpg

IMG_4707.jpg

IMG_4731.jpg

IMG_4710.jpg

IMG_4708.jpg

IMG_4718.jpg

IMG_4725.jpg

IMG_1949.jpg

These will work on any trucks that use the 720/hb spindle/hub including the last 2 years of Datsun 620's that ran the balljoint suspension. 620 kingcab owners will have to swap over to the later model spindles. These will mount to the hub in the stock rotor mounting location. The adapters are mild steel and parkerized which is similiar to gun bluing. The rotors are machined on the inside of the hat to accept the adapter and for trueness. They are 4wd hb rotors and are machined to a spec so it can be recreated in the future.

Price is $600.00 shipped for the kit. They are located in Oregon. I accept paypal for payment, and will ship anywhere using usps

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BEE, can we get a pic of the outer part of the caliper? I want to see where the edge of the brake pad is at on the rotor. PM it to me if you prefer.

Jason, the pads are almost flush with the od of the rotor, just inset a little, maybe 1/16"

Does this increase the track width of the truck?

I take it the bolds go through the adapter then through the rotors and hub and are held in place by the wheel and lugnuts.

I'm having a hard time visualizing this, do the 4x4 HB rotors typically go behind the hub face like this?

Does this increase the track width of the truck?

I take it the bolds go through the adapter then through the rotors and hub and are held in place by the wheel and lugnuts.

I'm having a hard time visualizing this, do the 4x4 HB rotors typically go behind the hub face like this?

no, the track width stays the same, 2wd and 4wd hb rotors both mount to the back of the hub just like the 620 kingcab rotors do.

And Eric, no the rotor is off the shelf, my guy machines it, or you could have anybody machine it that has a lathe.

• 7 months later...

Update---these are now being machined from aluminum and can be anodized in many different colors. I'm also offering them with cross-drilled/slotted rotors. New price is $650 for the whole setup. All you have to buy is calipers and pads.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.