620 "flower" hubcaps wanted

Steroid

This photo verifys what I had suspected. From memory I had thought that some U.S. imported 620s came with "flower" hubcaps. Here is a photo of Larry Vaughan's brand new 1976 truck with them from the dealer. The photograph was taken late in January 1976. The truck was sold by LaMans Datsun of San Bernardino, Ca.

LVaughan1-30-76.jpg

So there was INDEED "flower" hubcaps in My area. Remember that trucks had 6 "petal", if You run across any. There was a set of five 5 "petal" Z car hubcaps at Sunday's Pomona swapmeet. Please let Me know, You guys, if You run across any. Thanks

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 9 months later...

I am bringing this thread forward as it has been a year and I still haven't found two more of these. On ebay right now are 3 different sets of the Z car 5 "petal" hubcaps. As there and newer guys on here, different trucks surfacing and more hitting the wrecking yards, I was hoping that You guys could get a "mental note" on these if You see any on 620s. There are similar ones on the thread about camper sightings, which made Me think to bring this thread forward, so maybe You will see some around. Please let Me know if You do!! steroid620@yahoo.com

• 1 year later...

I thought I would bump this thread forward. A lot of newer guys on here with extra eyes to hopefully find Me at least 2, if not 4, of these hubcaps. Keep in mind the 620 caps have 6 "petals" (like on a flower) and NOT 5 as does the Z cap caps. It would be awesome if one of You has a set You don't want!! Thanks!!

I thought I would bump this thread forward. A lot of newer guys on here with extra eyes to hopefully find Me at least 2, if not 4, of these hubcaps. Keep in mind the 620 caps have 6 "petals" (like on a flower) and NOT 5 as does the Z cap caps. It would be awesome if one of You has a set You don't want!! Thanks!!

steroid - i will keep a look out for these. ill take a picture and see if i can see what i can come up with. theres two hub cap shops near my work and school and maybe they may have them or have an idea where to get them.

good luck though and i hope you find them.

• 9 months later...

Bumping forward again ! ! I STILL NEED at least 2 more of those hubcaps!!! Please note that the truck hubcaps are 6 "petal" unlike the Z car hubcaps that are 5 "petal". Stay tuned!!

Datsun_620_truck.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

HOORAY FOR EBAY ! ! ! !

Jefedejefes (On here I think?) Placed a set on EBAY and they arrived the other day. HOORAY ! ! !

EXACTLY what I have been looking for ! !

That was just about the last thing I needed to make My RHD truck correct !

Javier, If You are on here THANK YOU ! ! ! ! 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-620-Hubcaps-JDM-521-520-320-1973-1979-Flower-Petal-Caps-/301639937542?ssPag

• Like 2