610 street demon resurection

bonvo

I sympathize with whats left finally leaving. Don't want to talk shit about souls and living on or w/e bs. It's closed though and after a shit event like that accident closure is a good thing. My take anyway......

Edited by 72240z
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to see it Bonvo, but out with the old and in with the new, damn after you got done with her, there wasn't much left. Time to put her behind you and focus on that baby in your driveway.

there would have been even less left if it wasent for the fact that it had to roll onto the trailer i would have an extra set of struts extra rear crossmember and control arms but i had to roll

For anyone who has owned a first car and is now parted from her but remembers her more fondly than his first girlfriend. For you and her Bonvo....

hit the nail on the head that had been with me longer then any woman (hopfully that changes with my current gf) i could alway depend on that car alot of fun times and alot of blood sweat and tears went into it now it has all been transfered to the new one

I sympathize with whats left finally leaving. Don't want to talk shit about souls and living on or w/e bs. It's closed though and after a shit event like that accident closure is a good thing. My take anyway......

i see your point and yeah it is nice to get the closure knowing that it is finally over but that car had a soul there is that bond between man and machine that made that car special just like the new one is special it may not be my first car but i built it with my own 2 hands from the ground up

man mike is findin all the good videos lol as for progress none today being xmas but my sisters gift to me says alot about what she thinks of the car its a full roadside emergancy kit jumper cables multifuntion flashlight can of fix a flat first aid kit hazard triangle rain poncho and a screwdriver :lol:

Some tuff guy shit right there lol, you guys always drive around with a full set of tools? I don't, so if my rig breaks down at 3am in the middle of bubble fuck no where I like to know I could call for a tow.

yes i do carry a full tool kit the only tool i dont have is a socket big enough to remove the crank pully it doesnt weigh much so i have no issue carrying it in the trunk i can tear it appart on the side of the road

It's kind of apples and oranges, carb is simple as shit compared to efi, also weather etc....

Either way though, I personally rather work on it at home where I have ALL my tools, not a kit. Where it's dry, warm and not in the middle of the night or w/e. Duct tape, basic multi screw driver/socket, jumper cables... more then that to me seems silly to carry and repairs often require more. Say nothing for actually having the part to replace. You guys all tow a trailer of parts everywhere too lol?Going to get a ride home then back and fix it on the side of the road? Sounds dumb to me. Free tow home to work at my leisure sounds better.

Edited by 72240z
Some tuff guy shit right there lol, you guys always drive around with a full set of tools? I don't, so if my rig breaks down at 3am in the middle of bubble fuck no where I like to know I could call for a tow.

I carry my personal road kit in all my datsuns.

and its saved my ass many times.

yaaaa AAA is nice I guess, I had it once. I never used it when I did tho lol come to think of it, my brother and his Nova used my AAA about every other month.

I can fix 90% of random roadside problems in a few min with my tool kit, the other 10% take longer or are totally bizzaro disaster scenarios

and its free.

Edited by Skib

I don't want to argue it anymore in this thread but I'll say.....

If 90% of a persons repairs don't require a part to be replaced or can be fixed by a "kit" power to them. At that ratio mechanics all over the world are wasting thousands of dollars on tools.

My roadside service (part of a fam plan) cost me a measly 50 a year for 3 tows. At that rate a single tow pays for itself an then some and if I still don't need them it equates to free or next to free parts car tows, cheaper then doing it myself just paying gas.

I'll take 50 and those options over free and working on the side of the road any day of the week.

But common man how much do you pay for AAA. If you can proabaly fix it on the spot then its no problem. Why drive cars that you know its going to fail? Better have it well maintained... But shit happens. I rather just call a regular tow if I cant save her on the spot.

Dude I like to know who's paying less then $50 for a regular tow, esp in inclement weather or at a odd hour when you really need one. I live in the largest city in America and there isn't one on every corner. People exaggerate too much.....

Dude I like to know who's paying less then $50 for a regular tow, esp in inclement weather or at a odd hour when you really need one. I live in the largest city in America and there isn't one on every corner. People exaggerate too much.....

In the LA county if you get stuck on the FWY they can pull you "tow" out for like 5 miles. I tell them to tow me close to an autopart store and fix it up there. If its a major problem you have to do it at home no matter what. How much do you pay per month? I just wait till it happens. Dont you have a limit per year with aaa also?

In the LA county if you get stuck on the FWY they can pull you "tow" out for like 5 miles. I tell them to tow me close to an autopart store and fix it up there. If its a major problem you have to do it at home no matter what. How much do you pay per month? I just wait till it happens. Dont you have a limit per year with aaa also?

Thats pretty cool I didn't know that, like I said though....

I don't want to argue it anymore in this thread but I'll say.....

If 90% of a persons repairs don't require a part to be replaced or can be fixed by a "kit" power to them. At that ratio mechanics all over the world are wasting thousands of dollars on tools.

My roadside service (part of a fam plan) cost me a measly 50 a year for 3 tows. At that rate a single tow pays for itself an then some and if I still don't need them it equates to free or next to free parts car tows, cheaper then doing it myself just paying gas.

I'll take 50 and those options over free and working on the side of the road any day of the week.

Even if it was just for parts car tows, cheap as shit tows lol, it's worth it. Three years with it and I have never had a spare tow left so to me regardless of what anyone says I'm making out like a bandit for having it, thats why I bothered to argue it.

The peace of mind knowing you won't get stuck out even if the worst happens is a lovely bonus too. I think anyone that would scoff at that has never been in the situation......

Edited by 72240z

i can give you pics heres a few in a place it will probibly not be in again for a long time im staying at my grandmas for a little bit to watch her house while shes out of town and look at this shit the datto is in a garage O_O

DSCN0069.jpg

DSCN0070.jpg

so no real progress but i will start working on it again as soon as i get back