610 street demon resurection

bonvo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/25/2021 at 3:42 AM, slowlearner said:

reason I mention it is because of what someone mentioned to me a while back. That being swapping coilovers straight in without any other mods can cause issues. The trailing arms around the shock mount on the 510 are boxed in (See 10:30, it's called the "Safari" mod.) It stops the shock mount on the arm from bending. I'm also told the upper shock mount isn't really designed to have a the whole weight of the back of the car on it. You can see his upper shock mounts are all seam welded and the mounts are built into the cage and braced together (See 10:04). 

Anyhow, I know you're not building a rally car, but I thought you might like to see this. 🙂 

Those are excellent mods for a rally car, but they are really unnecessary for a street car. 

• Like 1
On 8/3/2021 at 2:39 AM, datsunfreak said:

Those are excellent mods for a rally car, but they are really unnecessary for a street car. 

I agree that the scope of the cage and build on that car are way above what's needed for a street car.

I fit was me fitting coilovers (which I think are a great upgrade btw) for a street car, I'd do the this.

1. Safari mod on the trailing arms. You wouldn't even need to take them off the car to do so although it would help.

2. Plate the upper shock mount, add a brace from one side to the other and seam weld around the back wheel arches and shock towers. 

It wouldn't be hard to do and no one would see the mods, but it would help the back of the car deal with the change in forces. That's just me though. It's his car and he's free to do what he thinks is best. 🙂

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/8/2022 at 7:06 PM, Diabolic kustoms said:

Kickass, I never liked this body style before but this one could change me.

i hope so a few people on here have said this car is one of the most "ratsun" build to exist i need to get the paint finished but there are major hickups there and thats been a big set back i have almost everything i need to finish it just need the paint done 

• 4 months later...

got some work done on the 610 today my t3 front suspension and troy ermish wilwood brake package are now installed long hall garage vids coming soon been recording just dealing with computer issues 

DonloL3.jpg

EZzHsz9.jpg

5Mn2RbQ.jpg

BywaSEG.jpg

dQSUvMG.jpg

• Like 3
  • 9 months later...