610 street demon resurection

bonvo

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah that sucks but i think we need to geta meet set up for all the ratsun guys somewhere that is in the middle of everyone you know and im hoping my car will be going by this weekend

Yeah, If the truck is runnin worth a shit anytime soon then I'm down. Just as long as I dont have to organize any events... :rolleyes:

Guest jaimesix
ok progress today i mocked the radiator up and made some mounts for it (need to drill holes)i have made a bracket and for the upper mount and my dad brought me a fan out of a 92 honda accord it fits like it was ment to be there it clears everything and moves more air then any other fan option i have all thats left is to plug the hole for the fan switch in the radiator get a lower hose make brackets for the fan bolt it down fill with coolent and im down the road pics of the mock up and fan

DSC03984.jpg

this is the clearence between the fan and water pump

DSC03985.jpg

Looks good, and you are right, adds clearance. Great move. :thumbup:

Jaime._____________________________________________________

Looks good, and you are right, adds clearance. Great move. :thumbup:

Jaime._____________________________________________________

thanks jaime you know im thinking about doing a write up on this i know there is one on dime quartely but there isnt one here

ok im 90% done just waiting for a few things to arive tonight ill have everything but the plug in the switch mount (waiting for the switch to arrive thanks a million moparvwfreak) all thats left at this point is

1: lower radiator hose

2: soder heatshrink fan wires

3: make fan brackets

4: plug hole

5: fill it and cross fingers:D

my 620 runs like that but mine is hot on the freeway and cool at idle. from what i have been told these little L motors are beefy. it'll take the heat no problem. when was the t-stat done last? glad ya got it runnin. that switch was a perfect fit huh?? :D

that switch was absolutly perfect yeah i havent hit the freeway yet mine when im sitting at a light it gets warm but earlier tonight after ti cooled down some outside it never went over a half a gadge i think it was because it was 105 outside :D maybe i need to run a second fan

im gonna be looking into a few fans as time progresses but it actually hasent hit 3/4 yet its close but not there yet ill take her on the freeway tomorrow and see how she does there im seriously thinking its the high weather and the fan just cant move enough air

more bad news now the damn thing isnt charging :mad: i cant win

Check your voltage regulator and/or fusible link. Ask jaimesix, he had problems recently with his 710. PM him for more info.

Guest jaimesix

Bonvo, just read about your issues. William is right, check this out:

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?p=79148#post79148

This is the thread I initiated back when I had that trouble. I just wrote a final explanation about that issue for you to read. Check it out. There are pictures, feel free to ask about it.

In my car's case, chaffed wire at the selenoid/starter , as well as an engine wire harness section shorting blew the fusible link away and simultaneously burned my Voltage Regulator.

Since you have a blown Main Fuse , that means this is not a case of a simple alternator going bad, nor a VR gone bad. In either case, the fusible link does not have to blow up.

The issue with the blown fuse tells of a short. Since you have connected your electric fan, make sure everything is connected well, as well as insulated against chaffing.

Make sure that fan is compatible with your car's electrical system. Perhaps you need a relay for that fan, check those issues. I doubt you have other wires involved, because all this happened after you changed the fan for an electrical one, but since you had that unfortunate traffic accident, perhaps you left a wire loose and shorting out, so check you fan connections as well as all wires you have worked with during your body operations.

Most probable, your VR went bad, but before you buy one, take your alternator off the car and have it tested, so you can be sure the alt is not the problem.

Done that, alt off the picture, zero in on the VR and cable/wires shroting. take care of any posible shorting wires BEFORE you install a new VR, or else you will blow the new VR itself.

later.....

Jaime.__________________________________________________________

already hard at work replacing everything ive already made a new form of connecter the only difference with mine and stock is stock has plastic to seperate the wires mine will just have rubber boots

connecter1.jpg

connecter2.jpg

so i have a bad voltage regulator and my lights dont work:mad::mad::mad:

update : false alarm i found out my light issue the h4 headlight bulbs are wired wrong it is useing one of the powers as a ground causeing hot headlight fuses and feadback that is poping the fuse for my tails

• 3 weeks later...

ok i fixed my light issues turns out there was a short in the tail light wiring fixed that then put the h4s back in here are some pics of my night on the town

inaction1.jpg

with the h4s on they look alot better then this pic shows need to use a goo cam someday

inaction2.jpg