610 street demon resurection

bonvo

jJeCu8Z.jpg
this is the car as it sits now

alright i finaly desided to post a thread on my ongoing 610 project, little behind but this is what i have done to the car so far (have some before pics as well); i have done a new clutch, rebuild to the hitatchi, (that was one hell of a fun jigsaw puzzle biggrin.gif) custom radiator and electric fan custom, fabricated upper strut mounts, new voltage regulator, 8mm plug wires, starter, new rearend with slight gearing change, 14" konig theories, goodyear rubber, custom racing seat with custom brackets, carbon fiber look alike dash inserts, shopping cart protective strip thing delete, vr3 cd mp3 deck, 200 watt optimus amp, sony xplod 10" sub (1100 watt power rateing), new front sheetmetal and grill, little bit of engine dressup.

9WBh4PN.jpg
this is how i got the car it was bone stock when i got it (the rim on it is one of the konigs)

wheels:
fyET9Ap.jpg
14"konig theories
i bought them in a junkyard for $120 they look good. I had to get spacer plates due to the offset being wrong, and in the back i had to cut a little out of the control arms to make them work. They look nice and fill the wheelwell well.

• Like 2
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

seats:
i got the seat from kreagan for $100 it looks good all things considered had to eather put this one in or drill and tap the original which was rather thrashed to fix it i had to fab up some custom brackets but that was easy

fxV5NXE.jpg

carbon fiber look alike:
i found this really cool carbon fiber tape at kreagan so i used it to replace the original woodgrain

7vh2GV2.jpg

Z4EuGq4.jpg

lUC3UDm.jpg

wT6Rt7P.jpg

engine dressup:

self explanatory

IMAG0009.jpg

radiator and fan:

i bought a new radiator for a 620 because they dont offer one for the 610 and with the deeper radiator i couldnt use the fan so i went to pick n pull and found an electric fan from a toyota and used that

IMAG0017.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

current projects

im working on ether getting some older 610 bumpers or putting 510 ones on or making custom ones i am also putting a dogleg 5 speed in it need to lengthen the drive line and cut a little of the floor but thats about it

IMAG0005.jpg

stock 4speed (forground) side by side comparison

IMAG0006.jpg

Heya Bonvo. I think the carbon fiber tape looks good man! Totally updates the look in a quick and affordable way. 'Course I wonder about Carbon Fiber looking dated in about ten years, but since it's tape, you can always pull it off and put something else on!

Nice idea!

Might I suggest selling the dogleg and finding a long tail 5speed. Even if it means shortening the driveshaft, it's easier than lengthening.

ive considered it but ive been told the dogleg has more favorable gearing for the 3:90s i got out back though if you know where i can get one i would be willing to swap it straight accrossor i could return the one i have

ive considered it but ive been told the dogleg has more favorable gearing for the 3:90s i got out back though if you know where i can get one i would be willing to swap it straight accrossor i could return the one i have

What gearing are you looking for? The 280s came in wide and close ratios.

What gearing are you looking for? The 280s came in wide and close ratios.

i think close i basicly want the same as my 4speed with an o/d added the stock 4 is a f4w63l it wont tell me the gearing

IRS on 610!!!

Nice

lol its stock :P

there were no longtail 5 speed out there i couldnt belelve it there was one out there in a turbo z enough said so the 610 is getting the dogleg sitting in my garage a few modifications to make it work but its all good the day wasent a total loss though i found a 73 610 wagon O_O i shall continue to rape it for parts as time goes on :P

well the dogleg is in :P here are some pics

heres the new shifter location

IMAG0023.jpg

no need to modify the crossmember in the 610 it bolts right up

IMAG0024.jpg

its just a wee bit short

IMAG0025.jpg

i plan on doing some work to the console peices and the shifter to make it look like its comming from the stock location the only thing left to do is lengthen the drive line (5 1/4 inches)put a good reverse light swich in it top off the oil and im on the road again

Right on man. Keep up the good work. I am also removing the woodgrain look for the carbon fiber as well. I got some stuff off eBay a few months ago and ended up putting the project aside to finish rebuilding my SUs (85 percent complete) Ahh, Datsun... how I love thee and hate thee all at the same time.