For Sale - 1965 Datsun L320

Details:

• original paint
  • built A12 motor - 100HP - bored .060, 10:1, small chamber head, big cam, mild port and chamber work
  • re-curved distributor
  • modified DGV Weber - manual choke
  • custom intake manifold
  • "dogleg" 5 speed trans
  • custom alternator
  • electric fan
  • re-cored radiator
  • rebuilt brakes using factory NOS parts
  • custom exhaust with turbo muffler
  • Moto-Lita wood rimmed three spoke steering wheel
  • Carello driving lights
  • NOS AM radio
  • great chrome with slight surface rust, but straight as hell
  • lots of powder coating - specifically engine parts
  • new custom upholstery using stock patterns - door panels, head liner, bench seat, kick panels, parcel tray, visors
  • stock wheels - powder coated silver
  • BFG Silvertown whitewall tires - new from Coker Tire
  • battery mounted under bed
  • cleaned and sealed gas tank
  • have new window channel felt - not installed
  • have spare parts including complete dash
  • have complete 720 front clip for balljoint/disc brake conversion

I have driven this truck for the last ten years. It is in original paint with minor dings and scratches. Needs new window rubber, but other than that it is a good driver. Considered swapping balljoint/disc brake front end, but low on my priority list right now. Motor is built for dual Mikuni 44's but DGV used for economy.

Will sell as is or with front clip installed for $1000 more.

Asking $4800

530-823-3316

Located in Cool, CA (35 minutes east of Sacramento)

IMG_2659Small.jpg

EngineSmall.jpg

HeadlightSmall.jpg

StickersSmall.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys. My life has been crazy trying to get it all done. I have 17 vehicles here right now, half of them being customer's, and I've been burning the midnight oil.

Cool is 6 miles south of Auburn. No I don't live in Auburn Lake Trails. I've got some property to the south, hidden back under the trees.

I'll post some more pics of it today.

I do have one guy interested in it who is willing to pay the extra to get the front clip installed. If I do it I will post it under "320 Balljoint conversion".

Here are pics of the worst parts of the truck. There's a dent in the right side door and cab and there's a small rust spot on the driver's side rocker panel.

Datsun_320002Small.jpg

Datsun_320003Small.jpg

And here's a stock dash I have for it too.

IMG_2867Small.jpg

Some of you guys have asked about the steering wheel. It is a Moto-Lita three spoke wheel on a hub that I found in a wrecking yard. It has a chrome horn button/center trim from Lecarra to replace the plastic one that came with it. These wheels sell for around $300.

7Q8TB84QA72XR3D_Large.jpg

Here's a pic of the motor with the head off. I took it out last year to diagnose a fuel-in-the-oil issue, pulled the head off expecting to find broken rings. Found it all to be ok. The stupid fuel pump was the problem. Broken diaphragm letting fuel into the crankcase.

Notice the dollar bill on top of the motor for scale.

Datsun_1200_motor002.jpg

(The bill is a fake!!!)

I sold the truck today and the buyer wanted the frame clip so I will be doing that work in the next couple of weeks so look for the write-up here on Ratsun.

I have owned the truck for over a decade so I will be sad to see it go, but now I have just made room for my next project...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.