sickness chronicles 1977 kc 620 deluxe

I have a problem finishing projects. I like this truck so hopefully I can put a stop to that. :) I just sold my 521 a couple months ago and I'm selling my long bed. I am focusing on minimal projects from now on...

Just got my first kingcab. 1977 kc deluxe. Paid $500 for it. It was in a junkyard awaiting its date with the crusher. I drove it out of there with mininal effort, basically just put a battery in it.

Plans are minimal for now.. just going to clean it up a little and get in running and driving flawlessly.

So the junk yard where I picked it up is 2 hours from me. I drove it to a friends house 5 minutes from where it was. That is now where it sits. I'm driving it home Friday.

So far I've just been deep cleaning waxed it for 8 hours today. Cleaned up the interior. Going to clean some more tomorrow.

IMG_20110726_203524.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Says it has 76,000 miles and I kinda believe it judging on how clean the engine bay is.

IMG_20110726_203946.jpg

The peddles and seat tell a different story. Probably been around at least once. Check the steering wheel for smooth areas where the hands rub. Still a great looking truck just the same. Good going.

Well I think I know why they scrapped her... 1st gear is toast, and 2nd is kinda ify once in a while. And the carrier bearing is non exsistant... other than that she runs great. Been driving her all over the magic valley... making the 2hr journey home tomorrow morning wish me luck guys... waxed her another few hours today looking good :D

IMG_20110728_200038.jpg