Free L16

Free L16. Its the block, crank and pistons which are still together and look in great shape, was pulled from car running condition. Free. - pictures later - It's pretty clean and free, has the PCV tube sticking out the side still (i found it with my face when i was done draining the oil :D)

If not gone by Friday night I'm tossing it on the ground and putting it up for free for scrappers (got another motor to go on the engine stand and its in the way.)

• Like 3
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hit up RO510... he is lookin for one.. :D

If he wants to drive all the way up to seaside oregon for a free l16, he's welcome to. I doubt anyone in their right mind would. Good looking out for a ratsun member tho, he is welcome to it :rofl:

If he wants to drive all the way up to seaside oregon for a free l16, he's welcome to. I doubt anyone in their right mind would. Good looking out for a ratsun member tho, he is welcome to it :rofl:

:lol: forgot he is in he LBC.. i thought he was in OR... Well hopefully sumone gets it out of ur way...

:lol: forgot he is in he LBC.. i thought he was in OR... Well hopefully sumone gets it out of ur way...

Much rather see it go to someone that needs it or could use it, now or whenever. I do not have the storage space to keep it. Got way to much datsun parts I will never use as it is. Its gotta go. will be putting more stuff up cheap/free just to get it out of here soon as well.

If it was an L18 I would be there. I really want an L18 short block right now... Well if you are ever out this way soonish, I will take it :)

Ill have an L18 up for grabs soon once i can get it out of the car. Wont have intake/exhaust. Be just the block/head and internals. Probably going to keep the pan and pickup tube...

I need a cherry picker, or to borrow one so i can get the L18 out of there...

Ill have an L18 up for grabs soon once i can get it out of the car. Wont have intake/exhaust. Be just the block/head and internals. Probably going to keep the pan and pickup tube...

Cherry Pickers are for weenies. I once saw a few guys rip out an engine using a bumper in the middle of a field! They put another one in the same way!

Cherry Pickers are for weenies. I once saw a few guys rip out an engine using a bumper in the middle of a field! They put another one in the same way!

:rofl: Saw a video of that once... Was unable to stay that day and lend a hand. By myself here on the coast, no many datsuners around here + my local friends here in seaside are not car guys nor care to do anything with cars. Otherwise that would be an option :D

put it on a pallet...strap it down. I wonder if best over night goes that far north. If they do, RO510, You might get away with just paying the transit fee's...around $100 maybe.

Alright, some pictures. Again, its just the block/crank/pistons. Theres an l16 chain hanging on it thats good, yours if you want that too. I have a timing cover with good water pump on it also. Its dirty as hell and needs a serious cleaning tho. I can throw in the points distributor too, its just sitting on my bench.

IMG_20110726_102715.jpg

IMG_20110726_102725.jpg

IMG_20110726_102736.jpg

Fine with me. Ill send ya a P/M.

I might be interested in this. Still trying to figure out what motor I want to drop in my 520. My dad lives in the Seaview/Long Beach area so he could swing by and pick it up if this is what I decide to do. I'll hit you up with a PM either tonight or tomorrow.

Guest kamakazi620

Drive it to my house and borrow my cherry picker = done and done

Alright... Last call

L16, has pickup tube, crank, pistons. Crank and pistons are together. Have timing cover for it, has a chain on it, no head. Have points dizzy that worked when pulled should still. has oil pan also (i should point out its an L20 oil pan, and the dizzy is stock L16 dizzy)

Someone come get it quick, im throwing it up for the scrappers to come get in a day or two...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.