The Multi-State GRAND Datsun Classic

fairlady66

The Multi-State Grand Datsun Classic at the Grand Canyon in Williams, AZ

October 8, 2011!

Pulling ALL Datsuns 1983 and older together for a great time, Raffles, Awards, T-Shirts and Dash Plaques, all taking place in beautifil Williams, AZ the Gateway to the Grand Canyon.

Williams is located to attrack Datsuns from six states, the distance from Los Angeles, CA to Williams, AZ is less then two round trips to Solvang. October is the beginning of the cooling down period for Williams, many businesses start to shut down for the winter toward the end of October, and the temperature is expected to be nice and comfortable the first part of the month. Making it a really nice drive on the Historic Route 66.

This meet will start at 10:00am at the Dairy Queen located at the West end of town at 603 W Route 66, Williams, AZ 86046 - at 3:00pm we travel to the East end of town to Pete’s Route 66 Gas Station Museum, at 101 East Route 66, Williams, AZ 86046. Here we will have the presentation of awards and raffles.

Registration opens August 1, 2011 - Keep checking www.socalroc.net for information updates

Registration fee is a donation of any amount

Special discounted rates for lodging

A GRAND time is is store for all!

Travel parts of the Histric Route 66 and Attend the First Ever Multi-State GRAND Datsun Classic!

It doesn't matter what condition your Datsun is in, if it runs, it needs to be at this event!

Make plans to attended - Mark It In Your Calendars Now!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dam!!!

I think that would be totally awesome to have the 5 speed in my truck and take the wife down there for her birthday!!

Thats quite a drive though!!

It would be fun if you broke it up into a couple of days. Nice road trip, we have people from San Diego drive to Shasta and back, once guy I know in a Roadster took off on a Road trip and came home 8,500 miles later. It would be a good trip for you and your wife, do some sight seeing. We are going to have a blast!

Chris this sounds like a good time & it's close to me, steroid & Nevtony. Ill let the guys know about this event. Mark us down for a "very probably" in regards to attending :cool:

Very Cool! it would be Awesome to have you guys!

We just secured three places with discounts for lodging. The Holiday Inn, The Lodge and The Downtowner "Roadway Inn". We also have some nice Raffle Prizes, Awards, Dash Plaques,and some Media Coverage (a couple of magazines have expressed interest).

Its going to be a great time with some great people. How do I know they are great people?

They own a Datsun, of course!

Registration opens August 1, 2011

No Registration fee, just a donation of any size, I don't care if its $1 or $100+, lets just be there and have a great time on the Historic Route 66!

keep on eye on www.socalroc.net for more information as we get closer to the opening day for registration

Only 370 miles one way.....IthinkIcanIthinkIcan. Gonna do all I can to make this. I mean hey, it said dosent matter what condition your Datsun is in as long as it runs it needs to be here, right? So I need to make sure it runs long enough to make it there :D

Only 370 miles one way.....IthinkIcanIthinkIcan. Gonna do all I can to make this. I mean hey, it said dosent matter what condition your Datsun is in as long as it runs it needs to be here, right? So I need to make sure it runs long enough to make it there :D

Be great to have you join in. A couple of others coming from the New mexico way. Thats right, two requirements, 1) its a Datsun - 2) It runs

Man, I want to go...but I have dark hair and brown skin and look latino. I don't want to get deported in the middle of the car show. My US passport is expired and I can;t find my US birth certificate when I bought my new house. Looks like I won;t be able to make it :( Anyone sells skin "whitening" bleach?

Rotary, don't worry they only do that crap from Phoenix and south....I think :blink:

I'm workin a deal on another car so I may have to choose btween 2 or just bring both. puttin in for time off on Monday and then gonna register. Anybody else goin?

I was in Williams back in 1985! Neat little town! Saw the whole thing just riding around on a bike!!!

It is one of the coolest towns on the historic Route 66, it is small but there is more to it then what you can see on a bike (off of the main road-Route 66). The widest part of the Grand Canyon is in Williams, which is why Williams is known as the gateway to the Grand Canyon. Regardless of the size of the town it is going to be a great time! AND it's not far from San Diego either!

So, about a day and a half til registration opens...so here is a bump to the front.

Anybody east of Albuquerque planing on heading to this? Friday convoy would be prety cool.