Rosie. A 66' PL411's story.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I know i'm on a different wave length haha. You will be seeing me around though I'm sure.

I worth for High Priestess in oregon now, and this is where I wanted to be for a long time. Rion caught wind that I was going for an interview and hated it.

In the move my spare windshield that I brought with broke. Shitty, now I gotta chase one down before I can drive it around as much as I'd like. Other than that the fucking pumpkn is the man.

• 3 months later...

,Drove up to eugene, got her insured, got the title sent to me, trip permit in hand, wrestled a fusebox, and now rosie will be my daily driver. I'm a fucking happy man!

She's been parked at a coworkers in a different town for 3 months. Feels good to be driving her!

IMAG1713.jpg

I'm sitting by a window at a pizza place just so I can look!

• 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...

My PL411 will never be left for dead.

I moved from Oregon to Michigan and had to leave it stored outside there for 3 years. Right now I'm balls deep in an engine swap on my 280zx and then she's back on the table.

I think I've spent $4500 total moving her around 3 states over the last 5 years but won't give up, I just got her to Michigan last fall.

I'm not a mechanic so finding people willing to do the work is impossible

• Like 1

My PL411 will never be left for dead.

I moved from Oregon to Michigan and had to leave it stored outside there for 3 years. Right now I'm balls deep in an engine swap on my 280zx and then she's back on the table.

I think I've spent $4500 total moving her around 3 states over the last 5 years but won't give up, I just got her to Michigan last fall.

I'm not a mechanic so finding people willing to do the work is impossible

I grew up in Michigan and moved to Oregon 5 years ago. I have to say, if I moved back to the Midwest, Michigan would be at the top of my list.

The unanticiped benefit of a 410 or 411 is that when you pop the engine compartment hood you can see everything you need to know about the ignition and [by now irrelevant] polution control equipment.  Not like a Honda which takes a relativly simple engine and wraps it with miles of vacuum lines!  All unlabled.

• Like 2

I love the engine and we had did the J15 swap awhile ago. Never really ran perfect but I cruised around for a summer in Roseburg.

I think though that when I tackle it next Im considering a R16 swap and convert it to a SSS.

Even being a non mechanic I can still work on this car though, it's pretty much all common sense