Please allow me to introduce myself

Okay, not wealthy at all and my taste may be questionable, but here goes. Been lurking for quite some time and figured I would finally join. Since there is not an intro forum, I thought this would be a great place to do it. While not a Datsun owner, I do own a few old junky Toyotas as is evidenced by my driveway and my wife's displeasure...

PICT0360.jpg

I have a 76 RA29 Celica Liftback, which I drive when ever possible. I also am working on bringing back to life an 83 MkII Supra and an 85 Cressida Station wagon. My Buddy Dave, who has posted pics of his recent 710 wagon purchase turned me onto the site, along with a few of the guys over at the JNC forum. Have a buddy with a couple of early Z cars as well, so you guys may see me posting some questions from time to time on those. I may end up buying one of them from him as I have always had a soft spot for the 240Z, but then again, what red-blooded male doesn't. Looking forward to hopefully learning and contributing to the collective knowledge.

Oh yeah, I already have my Ratsun sticker ready to go on the Celica when I install the new windshield and weatherstripping.

• Like 1
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I would love to find an 810 Wagon, but they seem to be the hen's teeth of the Datto. If I can find a 510 for the right price, I will definitely add a Datto to the group.

Lets see, this is the Celica.

Celicahome.jpg

Not much in the way of a story. First car was a 77 Celica and I got rid of it. After dabbling in Mopars, I decided I wanted another Celica. After a fruitless 5 year search I found the above one with a parts car for a price I could not refuse. Previous owner is a Toyota mechanic, so eventhough the Celica had sat for close to 30 years she was in great shape. He sold me a manifold and Weber 45 DCOE for a crackhead price as well. Fast forward 3 years and I decided to get cracking on the Celica. New fuel pump, brakes and fuel lines off the parts car and she roared to life. Updated the tag and been driving her ever since.

Engine shot

breatherissues2.jpg

Still have a few things to do to her, like an interior and such.

This is the Supra, the day I saved her from oblivion.

redsupra2.jpg

Here is how she sat for about two years or so

Newhood.jpg

My buddy lost his shop and that inspired me to get back to work on her. Got a new engine and tranny in her. Working on the brakes and putting the interior back together. Then she will be on the road. After that, the Cressida wagon gets a newer engine and she will be good to go as well.

Welcome aboard, Okie!

I am a member of more forums than Carter's got pills, darn near! Chevy, Harley, Honda (bike/ATV), Toyota, Samurai, Ratsun, etc., the list goes on~ but far and away this is THE best bunch of peeps I've met online. And it brings a breath of fresh air having some new blood that's more broadly focused on hotrods -n- classics~ now matter who made them! The time's coming when even our little econo-rods will be a thing of the past~ so we must enjoy them for all they're worth in the present....

BTW~ where are you at, and whatcha got layin round for spare parts...?;)

Peace~

Scott

I am in Oklahoma and I have more spare parts laying around than the wife wants. Supra is full of spare interior and other misc parts.

PICT0361.jpg

The Cressida wagon is full of Supra and Celica parts, mostly interior parts

PICT0362.jpg

Under this tarp lies two complete turbo setups for the 7MGTE I have laying around, an 83 22R that will become a 20/22R hybrid for the Celica and the newer 5M for the Cressida. Oh yeah, there is also the spare hood for my Celica. Not to mention the spare front suspension for the Supra and a front valance for the celica.

PICT0364.jpg

This is what is left of one of my two parts celicas. Right now, I am slowing drilling out all the spot welds so that I can save the front subframe to fix my driver's frame damage.

PICT0365.jpg

You can just barely see the extra quarters for the Celica sitting back in the parts 'corral'. In the parts corral, there are numerous fenders for both the Cressida, Supra and Celica. A W55 to go with the 22R. Various chrome trim bits, spare interior parts for the Supra and 2 complete sets of glass for the Celica. Not see here are 3 complete 7Ms, one NA and two GTE. Some 78 Corona parts that are supposed to go to a buddy. Numerous MkII Supra seats and parts as well.

I do have a set of 4 piston calipers off of a 4 runner that are supposed to be a direct drop in for my buddy's 240Z. Anybody that can confirm this? I will check out the Black Sheep Auto site.

I do have a set of 4 piston calipers off of a 4 runner that are supposed to be a direct drop in for my buddy's 240Z. Anybody that can confirm this? I will check out the Black Sheep Auto site.

As long as they are for the solid axle. The later calipers are for vented rotors and won't work.

Black Sheep Auto is a little slow, but I check it every day. :P

Okay, I hate Toyota as a rule, ain't going to lie, but I do happen to like all three of your Toyotas! The only thing missing would be a Starlet. Now go buy a Datsun! :D Welcome to Ratsun.

Yay old Yodas!

You'll get a little rub from some of the people on here, but really when it comes down to it, anyone who's willing to put a wrench to old steel is loved here.

I wouldn't mind building up some of the olds Yotes some day myself.

Welcome!

Oh yeah, I already have my Ratsun sticker ready to go on the Celica when I install the new windshield and weatherstripping.

as another non datto owner toyota addict i welcome thee.

but i got firsties on a ratsun sticker on a celica, but mines a '79. :P

if you get a old corona most people will think its a 210/810 anyway, or at least they think mine is.

black sheep auto is my site, if you sign up be patient for activation, i have to wade through 100+ spam accnts a day cuz im too lazy to setup the spam filter right.

as another non datto owner toyota addict i welcome thee.

but i got firsties on a ratsun sticker on a celica, but mines a '79. :P

if you get a old corona most people will think its a 210/810 anyway, or at least they think mine is.

black sheep auto is my site, if you sign up be patient for activation, i have to wade through 100+ spam accnts a day cuz im too lazy to setup the spam filter right.

Will the sticker even allow itself to be placed on a non-Datto?

Will the sticker even allow itself to be placed on a non-Datto?

not sure, it may peel itself off

they only seem to stick if you dont clean the window first. first time it bouced off, then i treated the glass with rust and it stuck fine. :fu:

Okay, I am technically a noob here, but after a few of the other boards that I have been on for years(1stgencelica, JNC, JZXproject) I know better than to start an intro thread without pics :P Hearing that the Ratsun sticker needs rust and dirt, maybe I shouldn't install the new windshield first. Does anybody know if cracked glass will help it stick better? There is some funky old tree sap and bug guts as well. Thanks for putting up with such noob-ish questions.