RallyRat 510

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could also buy a set of wheel adapters to fit the 4x100 size... Don't know what that would do to your offset and clearance and such, but if you like the wheels, buy adapters. Then you can run all the 4x100 wheels you want. :D That's what I'd do anyways, I'm not a BIG fan of adapters, but hey it works, ya?

• 3 weeks later...

Grandpa was telling me that the motor is blown, so I'm looking for a L18 that I can put in and get it going. Also was looking for info on what coilovers that I can put in there. I want to get it moar low and kind of worried about the rear wheel tubs. 4 door guys please give some input. Thanks alot in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

2012-05-24142936.jpg

2012-05-24142912.jpg2012-05-24142952.jpg

Nothing really new to add. Towed my car from Greengoon's to 5Dimer's house so Duane could have room for his two new Mark II yotas. First time it's been on the road sence the early 90's lol. Got me a wiring harness from GreaseMonky yesturday, and got me a battery, alternator, and drive belt for it as well. Waiting on a local guy to pick up a running L16, hoping to have that soon. Threw out my damn front seat rails by mistake, so I need to find a set of those too.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok so I finally got this thing in my own garage for a change, poor 620 has to sit outside. (single car garage at my apartment) Removed all the parts that I've collected from the car and I need to pull the dash and clean it out as well as start unhooking everything under the hood to be able to swap motors. Here's a couple pictures to tide things over for the moment.

CAM00004_zpsbyfaiwmr.jpg

CAM00005_zps451d3256.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Progress, as always, is slow. I cleaned the floor and sprayed a rust inhibitor. Only need to patch one small spot on the driver floor. Threw on a set of roof rack bars with a couple bike mounts (thanks to Greengoon for the mounts.) Recently moved out of state and the car is still stuck in Utah. When I was loading the L motor I had bought for this I discovered that it's actually an L18 rather than an L16 like I was told, so that's pretty cool. Both my dattos will have 18s now.

• 1 year later...

So nothing new to report because it's till down in Salt Lake. Was tossing the idea of taking it to my good friends at JDM Legends and have them rebuild the motor with a SSS head and some SUs, and go through the car to get it back on the road and reliable. So I contacted them and was told he could get it in next spring. I told my wife that I had talked to him and expecting a scorned look and her telling me no, instead she said it was a good idea! Defiantly wasn't expecting that at all.

• 1 year later...

Picked this thing up last turkey day weekend and brought it home. It's going to be a long process to build this thing I'm sure. I'm now planning on building one of the L18s I have to put in, and I'm going to bag this thing. Car is pretty ratty and fairly rough so I wont feel bad cutting up what I need to to make it all work. That's all for now.

• 4 months later...