the 72 s30 aka "daphnie"

project started in August of 2010, slow progress but with my new job ill actually have money to get closer to my goal.

Project Goals

windshield

rb25det

z32 rearend or lsd (which ever i can afford)

xenon front air dam

hid headlights

corbeau racing seats (fixed back)

roll cage

5 point harnesses

paint of some sort

camber kits

and so much more

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks. those wheels are legit enkie 92s

right now ive only got the L28 with the n42 head, mild cam, su carbs, custom cool air intake to the carbs, and thats really it, straight pipe, no muffler, sounds good, runs great 6 times outta 10 and alright 4 times outta 10 lol. still needs alotta motor work (hence the future swap to a fuel injected turbo motor [i hate carburetors] and a better tranny) but like i said, new job=money=progress on my daphnie :D

fixed the motor problem (it was fallin on its face at 3grand) today and will have engine pix (its uglier than a monkey humppin a coconut but its my engine) for befor and after when i do my swap and what ever i do befor i do the swap. it started raining on me as i was test driving it after putting the rebuilt carbs back on and like most 72s that have sat out side for ever, the wiper motor doesnt work, therefore no wipers lol i was doin the "oh shit its raining and i cant see" thing all the way home lol. im just glad shes running properly again. tomorrow im gonna do some fine tuning and get pix. i cant wait to get some pix of it on the road!

hokay so...went to get my girlfriend from work and i drove my datsun. found out what else i need to fix. im running too lean for one, i hit 5500 and it sputters a tad but keeps climbing, so i seem to be good there. 2? well my timing is off...doesnt start for crap, and i have the gnarliest miss youve never heard! haha but shes back on the road and thats all that matters!

i honestly dont think its that bad. i havent even opened the chain cover/changed oil pumps/or anyof that shit since i put the cam in, changed the pump last year, and thats really it. im still running points and it didnt have that problem when i had the electric ignition, im thinking about goin back to electric and then seeing where im at after i tune my carbs. but if all that fails im resetting everything to factory and then retuning everything again.

ill have pics up later today when i start workin on it again. im done for now.

again im just more than happy its finally back in decent running condition compared to what it was yesterday.

these are the old ones lol. i made sure. but thanks for liking the car man its my baby.

what kinda wheels do you have?

Oh just a few old school Enkie 2 piece X9

4 with 205/60 r14 for the fronts deep dish (2 are spares)

2 with 265/50 r15 for the rears with on hell of a deep dish!

IMAG0264.jpg

Then 3 with 235/60 r15 shallow dish (1 spare)

IMAG0169-1.jpg

Been a few years in hunting them all down... :blink:

Oh just a few old school Enkie 2 piece X9

4 with 205/60 r14 for the fronts deep dish (2 are spares)

2 with 265/50 r15 for the rears with on hell of a deep dish!

IMAG0264.jpg

Then 3 with 235/60 r15 shallow dish (1 spare)

IMAG0169-1.jpg

Been a few years in hunting them all down... :blink:

SUPPER FRIGGIN DEEP DISH!!! your rollin around on soup dishes.