620 Carbon Fiber Hood

Hey Guys,

I am looking at having a custom made carbon fiber hood for my 620. I have found a source in the San Diego area and he currently makes 510 carbon fiber hoods and is currently selling them on Ebay (for detail view:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190203944395)

The price would be $400 and the CF hood would attach to the factory hinges and use the hood latch to latch down. I am trying to find out if there are others out there who would be interested in a carbon fiber hood for their 620. Please let me know. Thanks for your time, LK.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A stock 510 hood from the dealer was like $275 8/9 years go. and was damaged in shipping.

400$ isnt bad if its true and a good fit. for a high end 510

as for a 620 I dont see a demand for them since the mini truck scene is kinda gone already

there are some fiberglass one out there, but Im sure Bre wants that look. They might have them in Japan but $$$$$$$$$$as is the 510 CF hoods$$$$$$$

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
Hey Guys,

I am looking at having a custom made carbon fiber hood for my 620. I have found a source in the San Diego area and he currently makes 510 carbon fiber hoods and is currently selling them on Ebay (for detail view:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190203944395)

The price would be $400 and the CF hood would attach to the factory hinges and use the hood latch to latch down. I am trying to find out if there are others out there who would be interested in a carbon fiber hood for their 620. Please let me know. Thanks for your time, LK.

You could always get the Carbon Fiber film to wrap over your hood! :lol: j/k but, yeah I would like to get one eventually when my truck is finished. :D

• 4 weeks later...
I would be if he could come down on price if we did a group buy... let me know

Clayton

group buys are always shakey as I have learned from the GB we had on the galant vr4 site when they wanted hoods reproduced and the guy did it in record time only to find out that most people flaked on him so I would be upset if I was the guy to reproduce them and have no one show up with money, kamil at Hi Rev performance was doing that one and I was curious if he would still be interested in our little group? The bonus is he is in Fremont so he is local to us.

conrad

• 2 years later...

Hey guys I talked to bre 510 I'm sure he is still doing the 510 hoods I talked recently to him about the 620 and he says he still has the molds, let me know if anyone is interesed as well maybe we can talk him into doing a bulk order of both 510 and 620 hoods as I need both atm

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Interesting, there was a guy nearby me in Fremont that was going to do them eh? Was just thinking about making one for my own truck. If anyone might still be interested in getting one lmk, would help offset the cost of materials for the mold.