The next episode.

izzo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim, I have a speedo and extra cable I would trade for a heat control valve. biggrin.gif

Nice to see all the color coming out of the interior and a full paint job.

I'll be generous and give you 6 months.

I think i may have one for you jester, it will be on the 70+ heater box? I have a heater box in the shed, i can check it out for you tomorrow. Ill def trade for a speedo cable and speedo (speedometer might work, dunno..) It has a 280ZX trans in it.. Chris is right tho, the rear end has been swapped out and so has the trans so it will be off

I am in need of a 620 control valve. mines stuck shut. I sprayed it a few times with wd40, i should try and wiggle it again now...

Sweet, less than 6 months until i get a louvered hood. :D :poke:

The hood is awesome, but needs the tin tacked to the skeleton in the middle (or not, doesn't hurt anything like it is)

lol

This is not getting parted out. Im going to just roll it like it is for a while, doing small things like securing the fuse box, door panels, etc.. Soon as i can get a cherry picker ill get the other trans and a new clutch kit in...

lol

This is not getting parted out. Im going to just roll it like it is for a while, doing small things like securing the fuse box, door panels, etc.. Soon as i can get a cherry picker ill get the other trans and a new clutch kit in...

cherry picker? hell, drop the tranny out the bottom!!!!

cherry picker? hell, drop the tranny out the bottom!!!!

:rofl: i supposed your right kev.. Just wasn't looking forward to it. the thing sits about 2-3 inches off the ground. I fear it falling on it, instant death :blink:

:rofl: i supposed your right kev.. Just wasn't looking forward to it. the thing sits about 2-3 inches off the ground. I fear it falling on it, instant death :blink:

pansy :P

i gotta put a clutch in my 620 also. i have a cherry picker but ill probably just drop the tranny out. just depends on how it runs. i might have to yank the motor anyway

pansy :P

i gotta put a clutch in my 620 also. i have a cherry picker but ill probably just drop the tranny out. just depends on how it runs. i might have to yank the motor anyway

all i need to do is pick up a clutch kit and im good to go. maybe ill come over and we can have a tranny day :rofl:

Haha, someone neg repped me because i dont like the velvet inside the truck?

You come and see what it looks like in person, and you would agree with me. Its not sticking to the panels, at all. its stuck in places and drooping in others.

And another thing, the inside of the canopy had the velvet also. Someone made small wooden frames, attached velvet. Then liquid nailed it to the canopy, which was painted before, so it didn't have anything but bubbled old paint to stick to. I was driving down the road today and literally, the entire frame and velvet came falling down. It needs interior.... Ill take an OIC of that tomorrow.. See below pics for what fell down while driving... The interior panels were just shot with some spray glue and the velvet laid on it...

Banana, the engine bay hasn't been touched in years and years. I need to take it in and spray it down before i get a pic.

These are the panels that fell....

IMG111.jpg

Btw, the stuff that was stuck to the dash board i dont think was even velvet.... it had a different feel to it, almost like cheese cloth :blink:

Really the only things need DONE to this truck, replaced trans and clutch. CLean up the inside a little bit. Its a good driver. I took it from seaside down to damascus last saturday, did great. Lights/signals all work. Needs a radio too...

New seats, center console. Cleaned up the floor good. Got all of the sticky shit from the tint off the windows. Now just need some door panels and a good dash.

And yes, thats a pistol grip shifter out of a late 60s early 70s mopar. (or so im told.)

IMG_20110701_210223.jpg

• Like 1

oh you peeled the tint off??? that truck has been tinted since the 80's, except I put the limo tint on in 94. I dont like people seeing in my rigs. when Robbo bought that from me I had over 1 foot of the limo on the front windshield, damn that was awesome

oh you peeled the tint off??? that truck has been tinted since the 80's, except I put the limo tint on in 94. I dont like people seeing in my rigs. when Robbo bought that from me I had over 1 foot of the limo on the front windshield, damn that was awesome

I left the tint on the back windows. I would have left the front, however... Oregon state pays a stater to do nothing but pull people over checking for tint. Its an instant 360 dollar fine. He patrols clatsop county where i live. Another thing.. There is a cop here in town, he is a datsun guy and were cool but he doesn't hesitate to fine someone for window tint. He straight up told me if he catches anyone driving with illegal tint he will fine them.

Oregon state law says that cars can only have 35%. Trucks, however can have 35% on the doors, and no restriction on anything behind the doors. I have a buddy who is going to tint the windows for me. Its 80 bucks for him to redo the doors at 35%. The tint was awesome, and i totally dug it... but just not willing to get fined.

Fyi, i had my buddy test the windows, it came in at 22% :rofl: