upper control arms v2

BEEBANI

Recently had a couple of buyers for my conversion upper control arms that allow the 521/620's to use the newer ball joint spindles. So I decided to change the design a little:

MVC-015F-1.jpg

MVC-014F-1.jpg

MVC-013F-1.jpg

MVC-012F-2.jpg

MVC-011F-3.jpg

They are made from 3/16" plate with 2" od x .250 DOM that has been reamed out to 1-1/2" id.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey my control arms, those look super sweet!!! me likey very much. now i got 620 cross bars and no bushings, can i get those from napa or something? i never even thought of that part :rolleyes: does this mean i can get ureathane?

hey my control arms, those look super sweet!!! me likey very much. now i got 620 cross bars and no bushings, can i get those from napa or something? i never even thought of that part :rolleyes: does this mean i can get ureathane?

Yeah Matt, and you better get on it! Your arms left yesterday! Make sure you get the cross rod for a '85 and newer nissan pickup. Energy suspension makes a bushing kit for this style arm, and most NAPA stores carry it or can get it.

I dont think theres going to be alot of twisting forces on these, so I dont really see the point of boxing em in. IMO.

Also, beebani is it at all possible for your CNC plasma to not leave those starting points on the holes? I noticed on those brake brackets from lynch's debacle that you started on the edge of the hole. Just curious if you can interpolate outwards instead of starting on the edge. It doesnt cause a structural problem it would just make them look alot more profesional. peace.

moreover, you'd have to be standing on your head to even see that thats been done?

dont forget guys...

these are in a fenderwell behind a rotor thats behind a tire...

but I'm sure BEE would have no problem boxing them in for another $50 a side:D

newb alert!!! can iuse these to get rid of the torsion bars? can i EVER get rid of them? what about those bars that go to the front?

Upper control arms have nothing to do with torsion bars. No they wont' get rid of them.

You can remove the torsion bars and support your truck:

1. with airbags

2. with coil springs, possibly coil over shocks with reinforced shock mounts

3. Riding on the bump stops... with reinforced mounts

The bars that go to the front are tension rods. you need them still.

Do a search for a 620 with coilover setup on the front. Its on this forum.