Sunday Drive

I took the 510 out for a drive yesterday after replacing the Hurst shifter for the T56 and getting the last of the air out of the clutch slave cyl. Car shifted great and it was lots of fun putting it sideways around a few corners and gettin on boost a time or two. I ended up at a friends house who helped me with a schematic for the wiring of a electric vacuum pump and how to make a time delay circut.

On the way home I spied a sportbike ahead of me both of us heading out of town into the country.Getting a little closer it was a couple year old GSXR 600, the bike went past a few cars and I stayed right with it. Then I saw the rider tuck a gear drop and the right wrist roll, I did the same dropping from 5th to 4th and pegging the boost to 14psi which is right about 400 rwh with the T67. The rider sat up at about 125mph and I had to get HARD on the brakes, the bike was faster but it wasn`t that much faster. We both slowed down to a sain pace and the rider ponted to a gas station about 5 miles down the road next to the freeway and told me " I sat up and about shit on myself, I expected you to be way in the hell back and you were full in my mirrors".

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The motors torque/ horsepower is pretty square so 400 rwh at 14 psi is about 400 fpt and 500 rwh at 22 psi should be around 500 fpt and with the N20 shot around 600 rwh and 600 fpt. The T56 was built using a Rockalnd Standard Gear 750 rwh drag kit for an Chevy LS1 T56, so it should be able to handle the horsepower with no problem.