For Sale: 1971 Datsun 510 Wagon 5000

Car is SOLD!!

*Edit Price Increase I want to sell it but I need money as well

I am located in Aurora Colorado. A very beautiful Datsun 510 Wagon. So I bought this car back in fall of 2010. I have been putting about 150 miles a month on the car ever since I got her, a couple of months more than that. She is an antique and qualifies for classic tags. I really like this car, stock everything except the motor and trans, but I am really looking more for a super cheap commuter. As my 1975 Datsun 280z is my garage queen.

I cannot express how clean this car is I try to be honest so I talk down the overall car, but seeing is believing this car is so clean, and comes with a TON of extra parts if wanted mostly odds and ends some extra lenses , this being said the car isn't perfect it is still a 1971 Datsun I have tried to give a nice bulleted list below. ·

The interior is clean

o New Carpet in good shape

o Rear Seat original no rips or tears in great shape

o Front seats from a newer 90's nissan in good shape

o Dash has a cap on it and is warping on the edges from heat

o No Sun visors installed (I have some they are black and tan just not installed)

o Seat belts in the front Seat are new and in good shape

o I have the original rear seat belts but they are not installed

o All of the Knobs and switches work

o An added Toggle switch for the electric radiator fan

o No radio installed but I do have it, and the radio face has not been hacked up

o Gauge Cluster is from the 1997 Nissan Hardbody pickup the engine came from

o Sound deadening under the carpet

o Heater works, as well as the fresh Air vents

o No pedal on the gas pedal just the bar, it takes some getting used to but it is still drive-able, a pedal is on my list of things to pick up just haven't

o Passengers door handle is missing the rear retaining clip

o Rear hatch panel is not installed I have it but it isn't in the best shape I was waiting for Pare' Composites to get one so I could order that

o The temperature gauge wasn't working so I put a mechanical gauge in the cluster

· Exterior straight and complete

o All body panels in great shape

o Paint is in good shape, has a few nicks and is honestly is a 20ft paint job but it looks good enough

o The chrome trim is all there and looks nice

o All the lights (Brake, Turns, Running, and Headlights) All work

o Grill is complete and in good shape

o Decals and badges are all there and in good shape, the front Datsun Emblem is off the car it is passable but not great

o I have the equipment for the spare tire, but no spare tire

o Under carriage is all solid no rust holes or anything near that

o No hood prop the Air filter interferes with the stock prop

· Drivetrain

o KA24E FI engine from a 1997 Nissan Hardbody Pickup

o The engine has a very small oil leak it seems to be coming from the oil pressure sensor near the oil filter but doesn't seem to burn any oil.

o Some of the emissions equipment was removed so the check engine light stays on, but things like the Oil pressure warning light works for this engine in the cluster

o Starts and runs every day has a belt squeal for about 1 second when I start her in the morning

o Tires in great shape

o Rims in good shape

o Trans and Rear differential full on fluid and seem in good shape (I haven't taken them apart or anything)

o Brakes work and stop quickly

o The rear differential is geared a little too tall for my liking it makes going down the highway at a higher RPM then I would like

· Suspension is all stock

o Front and rear are at stock ride height

o Some of the bushings are starting to show some age but are all there

o It does have some creaks in the suspension but I have had this car @ 80mph+ and didn't feel a concern from the suspension

<br style="mso-special-character:line-break">

The car could use some finishing touches such as gas pedal, stereo, and a rear hatch interior panel (I have the original but it is very beat up). It isn't perfect but this is a clean goon that I have been daily driving every day for a year now including when it was dropping to 0 degrees here during Colorado winters. This car has not been abused or raced it has been a great car I tried to clean up my advert please read it in its entirety I have most likely forgot things but I will be as honest as I can please feel free to ask questions. This car is sold As-Is with no warranty.

I also have plenty of spare parts to go with the car including some rear glass as well as old seat belts and headlights. More pictures upon request. I will be as honest as I possibly can and really don't want to sell the car, but I could really use the extra cash to finance the move. An extra KA24E distributor, plenty of trim pieces and stuff. Call/text me for more info Aaron (620) 506-2230 or email all is good

*EDIT!!!!!* VIDEO LINK!! Datsun Walk Around!

4978062961_ee166596c8.jpg

4978036059_4de336bc74.jpg

4978083371_7d4828fb28.jpg

4978684514_e076692303.jpg

4978678858_70a273fa0e.jpg

4978673086_407d1c3746.jpg

*Edited 26 Aug 2011*

When speaking to an interested party I realized I didn't put in this advert that the previous owner removed the EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) equipment. Which changes the emissions a bit, In Colorado cars with antique tags are not required to get emissions tested.

Edited by Aaron Datsun
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Kelmo- Thank you for the compliment,Yes I know it is a bit expensive I wish I could make it cheap (I don't think you were trying to insult me or anything), but it really is restored and in perfect condition so I am willing to hold out for more money.

No,no insult intended ;) I've just really been wanting another goon and if I had the $ would be gettin that ride.

free bump

Wow, I love this wagon! Unfortunatly my 2 door dime is my first love and im saving for my SR swap, but a wagon will soon follow that. like they said, keep that price firm!! If it was the right timing I would be so happy to pay that price! Good luck, and congrats to whoever is lucky enough to pick her up!!

Thank you guys for the compliments. I agree this car is worth more than 4200 I am honestly just trying to get my money back out of it, If I sell it at this price I will not be making a profit, I will be taking a slight loss, but I need the money for moving costs and just want the car sold. This car I feel is worth every bit of $5k and the person to buy would still be getting a very good deal. Datrod thank you for the compliment as your goon is what all clean wagons aspire to be.

That looks like a $6K wagon to me.

I usually don't post up on FS ads unless I'm going to buy (and I wish I was here!) but I'd have to agree with Datrod. Don't let her go too easily, that is a strong wagon you got there.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been eyeing this on CL for the last month or so. I live right up in Loveland, have a '71 240Z, '72 240Z, and a '83 280zx and want to figure out a way to get this. I'll send you a PM.

Sounds good come down take a look, I really do love this car it is all right there no problems driving it, I live so close to work that I should be riding my bike, and I can do that for the next couple months while I look for a perfect daily driver for winter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The wife and I decided to put our kids in a nice school this year so this car needs to go so I can pay that bill. I reduced the price to 4000 bucks this is a great running daily driver quality KA24E swapped Goon with plenty of cargo space come take it off my hands!!

• 4 weeks later...

Well barring some terrible happening this car is sold just need to get my money, and put it on the truck for the new owner. It is pretty easy to get shipping quotes, but I warn you they will pester you for months afterwards unless you tell them you don't need it shipped any more or something like that

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.