• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

are you swappin rear ends or what?

no stock rear end should handle up to 200lbs of torque

If not, he'll have no choice once the stock one shatters.. but this guy looks like he's got his ducks in a row. Good job!

should be able to run bout 4 or 5 pounds of boost on stock rear..

• 2 weeks later...

my design coming to plan!! its allmost done then deburr and podercoat! :D

photo-11.jpg

now gotta mock up the mount slots for this side to be done. then gota do the other side almost ready to drop the motor in soon..

WoW!

I'ts been over a month since I been on the site...I'm glad to see your project coming along!

If you are still doing the motor mount brackets..Can you do 2 of them? I would like them for a future project if I ever decide to change the A series to the KA! :D

Beautiful mount. When you are done, it can be non-adjustable and simple to make (just a flat plate with some hole and maybe some spacers.

well after i find the spot where it needs to be i will weld that second peice on the bracket so there will be no move ment. im sttill working on it and im mocking up the other side. but i kind of have a second idea. i just got really lucky today at the junk yard plus it was 50% off i got another crossmemeber from a 81 datson 210 so i think i wanna just cut those engine towers off that one and weld the new plat forms so now i 2 crossmemebrs one for the ka and one for the stock motor..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hello 80datson, great work you are doing to your datsun, it seems complicated but you are doing just fine.

One question, in a picture earlier you got the two engine on display,the current one that you are installing, and the Old original 1.4, or?? plus the transmission, what re you planning to do with that engine and trans,,can you please give me some details? hope you are not just trowing them away, my ENgine is geting tired,,I have a 1.4 and 4speed on my Datsun 78' B210.

Thanks, and hope to see you project compleated soon for future references on our future mods.

hello 80datson, great work you are doing to your datsun, it seems complicated but you are doing just fine.

One question, in a picture earlier you got the two engine on display,the current one that you are installing, and the Old original 1.4, or?? plus the transmission, what re you planning to do with that engine and trans,,can you please give me some details? hope you are not just trowing them away, my ENgine is geting tired,,I have a 1.4 and 4speed on my Datsun 78' B210.

Thanks, and hope to see you project compleated soon for future references on our future mods.

yeah the other one is actully the 1.5 no im not throwing them away atall im most likely gonaa keep it abd my rebuild or use to smog if i cant find a crooked smog place..

• 2 weeks later...

so lately ive got some work done ont he car and progressing alot almost finished with it. so far ive wired up the engine harness to the can/am box. still need to dress the engine with it. ive changed out the auto. pedal assembly for the manual one. with new clutch mas. cyl. ive cut a new shifter hole for the the shifter. i also got a circuit sport short shifter so i dont have to worry about relocating the ebrake since 4th clears it verry well. and also last night i took out the small rear axle set up and installed a h165 with rear disk brakes/sway bar/ and i get atleast one inch and a quater on each side wider wheel base which is a plus. so im very please with how this car is coming out. now with that h165 i can rip the shit of out my car with no wowos ;]

also still need to install the fuel pump. one question is. should i install it near the gas tank where the metal line meets to the rubber line? connect that rubber line to my fb and then back to that metal line? not sure.

Big bad h165. rear disc brakes and rear sway bar!!!!

IMG_20111001_182015.jpg

small one out..

IMG_20111001_221928.jpg

and the big h165 in. now there will be no restrictiions :D

IMG_20111001_233306.jpg