Really Ratty Rusty Ruby Ruined & Rotting RIP

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm...

the way i see it, it has enough cut off the 'bottom' that after trimming the rest of the shit from the rockers, it should lay door?

id see if you could find a way to tie "the frame" into the existing front rails... if they stay, i guess... lol

i never gave up on ya... i just didnt think it would be come top priority this quick.. :lol: so what does happen when you get the goon back?

I am not sure if this is dying or getting mouth to mouth either way this is one of the only threads I cant skip a page I have to see whats next

GET ER DONE

if you can cut it this far and we still know its a 510 you can rebuild her think of all the new metal NO RUST

get another from the keeper

coil it

slam it

DRIVE IT

PUT THE GRINDER AWAY FOR A WHILE

we love ya Indy thanks for all the picks of your fun and progress regress happiness sadness awesome ideas bad ideas sometimes in the same post hang the shell on the wall for future build

• Like 1

I am not sure if this is dying or getting mouth to mouth either way this is one of the only threads I cant skip a page I have to see whats next

GET ER DONE

if you can cut it this far and we still know its a 510 you can rebuild her think of all the new metal NO RUST

get another from the keeper

coil it

slam it

DRIVE IT

PUT THE GRINDER AWAY FOR A WHILE

we love ya Indy thanks for all the picks of your fun and progress regress happiness sadness awesome ideas bad ideas sometimes in the same post hang the shell on the wall for future build

At this point I'm sort of considering this a type of 510 performance art... either way keep posting...this thread is on my must read!

Indy,

The only mistake you can make from here on out is to look back with regret. You really need to step back and see what you have done, because in all reality this is the first day of the rest of your build, and Dude you have a huge head start. Be grateful for that gift and stay focused on the next step.

The path you are on isn't an easy one, but it wouldn't be an adventure if at some point you didn't feel like the whole damn thing was a big mistake, and all you wanted to do was just go home. If your passions don't push you beyond your comfort zone once and a while, then you're just standing in line waiting to die. Anyone offering nothing but criticism is just telling you to get back in line. So to hell with that crap. Rage against the dyeing of the light Bro!

Dude for me the Ruby is a monument to all that is REAL about our passion for the beloved 510. Dissing his skill, and offering opinions about what he should, or shouldn't have done is nothing but self serving bull shit. Indy's creativity and hard work is not beholding to anyone else's vision, or expectations but his own. Before offering criticism ask yourself, "have I lost touch with subjectivity, because I've got my head stuck too far up my own reality?" With any project the only thing that really matters is actually doing it, and Indy is. I feel privileged to see his vision happen.

Obviously this guy is an artist and his car is form over function. IMO however, this project is the most important and exciting 510 being built right now, because he is pushing the envelope on so many levels. What I find most appealing is that he is expressing himself balls out with total disregard for pragmatism, and convention. I couldn't give a shit if his welds aren't perfect as long as the damn thing drives. Even if it were only in a straight line, and just one block, I'd be satisfied. Personally... I'm fucking SICK of "Perfection"! It's a totally unoriginal expression of advanced OCD. On that note I say; Chip Foose must die before he makes custom car culture synonymous with anal retention.

If you haven't figured it out by now Indy, it's me... RonM

OK, I'll take my Ritalin and get back in line now. :w00t:

it wouldn't be an adventure if at some point you didn't feel like the whole damn thing was a big mistake, and all you wanted to do was just go home. If your passions don't push you beyond your comfort zone once and a while, then you're just standing in line waiting to die.

:crying:

Well, look at it this way, if you can't make it back into a 510, at least you'll have really neat lawn art! I think the car can still be saved, or will save others, depends on you Indy.

slow death... i wish i wouldnhave bought this car back when phil sold it, might still be on the road or at least in one piece.

I now feel confident this car will end up as scrap.

Indy,

Feel free to prove me wrong ;)

this is dumb we all know the car is garbage....sorry indy....u killed it....i was like well maybe ....but then realized u cut everything that meant anything off the fucking car... at this point u might as well cut the panels off and drape them over a civic

• Like 1