620 drop.....

F.T.W

Hey guys, I have a '73 620, and of course I want to lower it. But I had a couple questions first.

Im wanting to go with a 4" drop, what kinda trouble am I going to run into with that amount? Also will the torsion bars be able to accomodate that much? I want to to look even all the way around, but I want it low.

I realize Im probably going to want to go through and freshen things up, like shocks and probably a carrier bearing. Anything else?

I can't really think of anything of anything else to ask right now...

Thanks in advance though!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Im up here a ways.... it sucks.

What does reindex the torsion bars mean?? Yeah I figured I'd have to murder the bump stops, no worrys, its the same on my Rabbit truck too. haha

Guest DatsuNoob

Your rear axle will most likely hit the frame. I put 3" blocks in the rear, and mine hits everytime I go over a speed bump or anything like that. Although I haven't yet had the chance to trim the bump stops, Probably wouldn't help out a great deal. I'm still considering a mild notch for this reason. I have 1 ton springs though, not sure if that makes a difference.

• 1 month later...